FIRST NAME

LAST NAME

LOCALITY

   
TheShipsList Home Page Search the Passenger Lists Search Ship Company Fleet Lists Ship Descriptions and Voyage Histories  
Find Pictures of Ships, Ports, Immigration Stations
Find Diagrams & Photographs Ships' RiggingSearch Ship Arrivals from Newspapers &c
             
 
Search Marriages at Sea, British Ships
Search Numerous Files for Famine Emigrants, 1847Find Reports & Lists of Ship Wrecks Search 1862 Lists & Shipping Information Search Immigration & Ship Related Off-site Links              
Diaries & Journals | Immigration Reports | Illustrated London News | Trivia | Frequently Asked Questions
 

The Fleets

American Black Sea Line 1921-1923

The American Black Sea Line was founded in 1921 by Stephen D. Stephendis who bought the KILPATRICK (ex- MICHIGAN) from the US Government, the ship was rebuilt and a second funnel was added and the ship renamed ACROPOLIS.
A second ship the NEW YORK was chartered from the Irish American Line in 1922 and sailed from New York to Constantinople but after her arrival she was sold by auction on instructions from the US Government.
The ACROPOLIS was sold in 1923 to the Booras Brothers.

Many thanks to Henk Jungerius and Ted Finch for his assistance in collecting this data. The following list was extracted from various sources. This is not an all inclusive list but should only be used as a guide. If you would like to know more about a vessel, visit the Ship Descriptions (onsite) or Immigrant Ship web site.

  • Routes:
    • New York-Mediterranean Ports

Funnel:

Fleet:

Funnel
Vessel Built Years in Service Tons
Acropolis 1890 built by Harland & Wolff, Belfast | ex- Michigan built for Atlantic Transport Line, ex- Kilpatrick 1898, 1921 purchased from the US Government rebuilt second funnel added, 1923 sold to Booras Steamship Co. renamed Washington, 1924 sold to United States & China SS Co. (T. C. Phelps) renamed Great Canton, 1924 scrapped in Italy. 5,083
    Chartered Ship  
Vessel Built Years in Service Tons
New York 1888 built by J. & G. Thomson, Glasgow | ex- City of New York, built for Inman Line, ex- New York 1893 for American Line, 1898 requisitioned by US Government renamed Harvard, rebuilt in 1903 to 10,798 tons, 1917 to US Government renamed Plattsburg, 1921 sold to Polish Nav. Co. renamed New York, 1922 chartered from Irish American Line, 1923 scrapped at Genoa. 10,798

TheShipsList | Return to The Fleets

TheShipsList®™ - (Swiggum) All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 1997-2014
These pages may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without written consent of .
Last updated: February 15, 2009 and maintained by and M. Kohli