Compãnía de Navegación, Panama 1950-1954 / Incres
Steamship Company Ltd., Liberia 1954-1964
Incres Compãnía de Navegación started
operations in July 1950 with the EUROPA (ex- Mongolia built in 1923 for
P&O). She made 5 round voyages from New York to Plymouth and Antwerp. After that she made cruises from New York mostly to Nassau.
In 1951 the EUROPA resumed the transatlantic route now from New York
to Plymouth and Le Havre. After 7 round voyages she went to Genoa were
she was refitted and renamed NASSAU. The NASSAU was placed in a service between New York and Nassau.
In 1954 the Incres Compãnía de Navegación was reflagged
to Liberia and restyled as the Incres Steamship Company Ltd.
In January 1959 the Union Castle
Liner Dunnattor Castle was purchased,
towed to Holland and refurbished, re-engined with diesel engines and
entered service in December 1959 as VICTORIA.
The NASSAU was sold in 1961 for further cruising.
The Victoria was mainly used for cruising but made some transatlantic
voyages between 1960-1964.
The VICTORIA was sold to a Swedish Rederi Aktiebolaget Clipper in 1964
still managed by Incres and continued cruising from New York to the West
Indies. Incres started also acting as the New York passenger agent restyled
as the Incres Line Agency.
Many thanks to Henk Jungerius and Ted Finch for their assistance
in collecting this data. The following list was extracted from various
sources. This is not an all inclusive list but should only be used
as a guide. If you would like to know more about a vessel, visit the Ship
Descriptions (onsite) or Immigrant
Ship web site.
- New York-Plymouth-Antwerp
- New York, Plymouth (May-early Aug only), Le Havre. (one voyage
Return voyages: Le Havre, Plymouth, Halifax (Apr-July
only), New York.
- New York-Nassau
||Years in Service
||built by Armstrong, Whitworth & Co., Newcastle on
Tyne | ex- Mongolia built for P&O,
1938 chartered to New
Zealand Shipping Co., renamed Rimutaka, 1950 purchased renamed
Europa, 1951 renamed
Nassau, 1961 sold to Cia. Nav. Turistica Mexana S.A., Acapulco renamed
Acapulco, 1963 laid up, 1964-1965 scrapped at Osaka.
||built by Harland & Wolff Ltd, Belfast | ex- Dunnottar
Castle, 1959 purchased from Union
Castle Line towed to Holland where
she was rebuilt and re-engined renamed Victoria, 1964 sold to Victoria
S.S. Co., Monrovia (a subsidiary of the Swedish Einar Hansen's Rederi
A/B Clipper, Malmo) with Incres as managers, 1975 sold to the Chandris
subsidiary Phaidon Navigation Co. (Chandris Inc) London and transferred
to Greek registry although briefly registered as being owned by the
National American Hellenic Line with the intention of resuming a
service across the Atlantic,1975 the engine was overhauled and the
cabins refurbished before resuming cruising. 1977 renamed The Victoria
under Panamanian flag, 1981 sold to Victoria Maritime S.A., Piraeus
for cruising without a change of name, 1993 sold to Interorient Navigation
Co., Limassol renamed Princesa Victoria, 1994 sold to Louis Cruise
Lines of Cyprus not renamed, 2004 laid up as Victoria I, 2004 scrapped
TheShipsList | Return
to The Fleets
TheShipsList®™ - (Swiggum) All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 1997-present
These pages may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion
without written consent of
Last updated: March 01, 2009 and maintained by
and M. Kohli