FIRST NAME

LAST NAME

LOCALITY

   
TheShipsList Home Page Search the Passenger Lists Search Ship Company Fleet Lists Ship Descriptions and Voyage Histories  
Find Pictures of Ships, Ports, Immigration Stations
Find Diagrams & Photographs Ships' RiggingSearch Ship Arrivals from Newspapers &c
             
 
Search Marriages at Sea, British Ships
Search Numerous Files for Famine Emigrants, 1847Find Reports & Lists of Ship Wrecks Search 1862 Lists & Shipping Information Search Immigration & Ship Related Off-site Links              
Diaries & Journals | Immigration Reports | Illustrated London News | Trivia | Frequently Asked Questions
 

The Fleets

Svea Lines / Sveabolaget / Stockholms Rederi AB Svea / Rederi AB Svea, Sweden

Stockholms Rederi AB Svea (originally Sveabolaget, later often referred to as Rederi AB Svea or simply Svea) was a Swedish shipping company founded in 1871. It operated a wide variety of ships carrying freight and passengers around the world, mostly concentrating on traffic in the Baltic and North Sea and was one of the largest Swedish shipping companies in its time. Rederi AB Svea was one of the founding members of Silja Line, and operated its ships under the names Skandinavisk Linjetrafik, Scandinvian Ferry Lines, Linjebuss and Trave Line. It also had a Finnish daughter company (Oy Svea Ab) and another daughter company based in the Netherlands. In 1981 Svea was merged into Johnson Line and ceased to operate as an independent company.

Most of early Svea ships were steamers used as freighters around the world, carrying whatever cargo they could find from any port to any other port. In addition to these Sveabolaget soon started operating cargo and passengers around the coast of Sweden and in the Baltic Sea.
In 1918 the company (which by this time had changed its name to Stockholms Rederi AB Svea) started collaboration with Finland Steamship Company and Steamship Company Bore on routes between Sweden and Finland. In the 1930s the company radically expanded its freight operations, the size of its fleet growing to approximately 100 vessels.

After World War II Rederi AB Svea began developing ferry traffic from southern Sweden to Denmark and Germany under the banners of Trave Line, Skandinavisk Linjetrafik and Linjebuss. At the same time the company also began operating large ocean freighters.

Around the mid fifties several small Dutch daughter companies were formed like Scheepvaart Maatschappij Svea, Rederij Odin and Rederij Holda at Amsterdam.
The first modern car-ferries were delivered for Svea in the 1960s. In 1966 Rederi Ab Svea began a joint car/passenger ferry line from Sweden to the United Kingdom with Swedish Lloyd and Ellerman's Wilson Line, but withdrew from the joint service in 1969, due to the arrival of the Tor Line on the same route and selling its sole ship in that service to Swedish Lloyd.

Svea faced hard times in the 1970s and in 1975 50% of Svea shares were sold to Rederi AB Nordstjernan (the parent company of Johnson Line). From 1975 onwards Svea operations were heavily rationalised. In 1976 Trave Line was merged with the trains-ferry operations of Swedish State Railways to form Saga Line. In 1980 large mergers were made in the Linjebuss small-ferry operations, bringing Linjebuss together with lines operated by the Swedish State Railways and a Danish company under the name Scandinavian Ferry Lines. In the same year TT-Line started joint operations with Saga Line and TT-Saga Line was formed. In 1981, following financial difficulties, Rederi AB Svea sold its shares in TT-Saga Line and Scandinavian Ferry Lines, and in the end of the year the company itself was merged into Johnson Line. Further on Johnson Line merged with Effoa in 1990 to form EffJohn.

Many thanks to Henk Jungerius and Ted Finch for their assistance in collecting this data. The following list was extracted from various sources. This is not an all inclusive list but should only be used as a guide. If you would like to know more about a vessel, visit the Ship Descriptions (onsite) or Immigrant Ship web site.

Funnels & Flag:

Fleet:

Funnel Funnel Flag
Vessel Built Years in Service Tons
A Wicander 1891 built by Motala Verkstads Varv Lindholmen, Göteborg | ex- A. Wicander 1907 purchased from Wicanders Rederiet AB, Stockholm not renamed, 1931 sold to Red. AB Örn, Halmstad renamed Örn, 1934 scrapped. 943
Aeolus 1884 built by Lindholmens Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | ex- Aeolus, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1954 sold to International Broadcasting Association AB, Örebro renamed Ibra, 1956 scrapped. 803
Älvsnabben 1942 built by Eriksbergs Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | Ordered for AB Svea but completed for Swedish Navy, 1982 scrapped. 4,460
Amsterdam (1) 1880 built by Lindholmens Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | 19th December 1898 stranded and lost. 927
Amsterdam (2) 1903 built by Lindbergs Varv, Stockholm | 1952 sold to Valentino Schiano di Zenise, Naples, Italy renamed Tony, 1955 sold to Antonio Colandrea, Naples, 1958 converted into a motorship, 21st December 1979 wrecked in storm, 1980 scrapped. 1,949
Angermanland 1872 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Angermanland, 1911 purchased from Hernösands Ångbåts AB, Hernösand not renamed, 1939 laid up, 1939 sold to Germany for scrapping but used again, 18th September 1944 bombed and sunk by British aircraft in Weser Estuary. 642
Artemis 1893 built by A. McMillan & Son, Dumbarton | ex- Sea Gull built for Charles F. Leach, London, ex- Artemis, 1898, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1939 converted into a barge. 761
Ask 1908 built by Lindholmens Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | 1948 sold to Bernhard Sergo, Panama renamed Voosi, 1954 scrapped. 1,041
Askur 1872 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | 1877 sold to Kolsva Bruk, Köping, 1888 sold to C.G. Thulin, Stockholm, 1890 sold to P.W. Åkerstedt, Härnösand, 1897 sold to B. Berg, Stavanger, 1915 sold to S. Böe, Bergen, 3rd April 1915 foundered. 58
Aslög 1916 built by J. & A. van der Schuit's Scheepswerven, Papendrecht | 1957 sold to Arthur Jurgenthal, Stockholm renamed Torgu. 1,404
Astrea 1941 built by Oy Crichton-Vulcan AB, Åbo | ex- Astrea, 1944 purchased from Finska Ångfartygs Ab, Helsingfors, Finland not renamed, 1945 sold to Det Bergenske Dampskibsselskab, Bergen not renamed, 1967 renamed Tjaldur, 1969 scrapped. 3,183
Baltica 1956 built by Karlstads Varv Ab, Karlstad | ex- Baltica, 1965 purchased from Malmö Rederi Ab, Malmö not renamed, 1969 sold to Partrederi R Dehlin, Visby renamed Baltic, 1972 sold to Alvar Olsson, 1972 sold to W Gothenius, Göteborg, 1972 sold to Argo Mar Co, Ltd., Greece renamed Niki, 1981 sold to K Karafotias SA, Greece, 1981 sold to Malacontas SA, Panama renamed Laura Security, 1983 stranded and lost near Suez. 486
Bele 1937 built by Öresundsvarvet AB, Landskrona | 1962 scrapped. 1,344
Belos 1945 built by Öresundsvarvet Ab, Landskrona | 1967 sold to Eddie SS, Manila, Philippines renamed Antonio K L, 1967 damaged by engine room fire and laid up, 1969 scrapped. 1,295
Bergsund (1) 1870 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Bergsund, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1933 scrapped. 897
Bergsund (2) 1948 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees | 1949 sunk after collision. 1,322
Berkel 1946 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1959 wrecked and scrapped. 1,573
Bifrost 1945 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1967 sold to K L Lines, Philippines renamed Reynaldo K L, 1970 scrapped at Hong Kong. 1,573
Birger Jarl (1) 1893 built by Södra Varvet (Lindbergs MV), Stockholm | ex- Birger Jarl, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1934 rebuilt, 1944 laid up, 1951 scrapped. 835
Birger Jarl (2) 1953 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1973 sold to Oy Jakob Line Ab, Jakobstad, Finland not renamed, 1973 renamed Bore Nord, 1977 sold to Oy Höyrylaiva Oy Bore / Ångfartygs Bore Ab, Åbo, Finland, 1977 sold to Oy Minicarriers Ab, Åbo, Finland (Godby Shipping Ab, Godby, Finland) renamed Minisea, 1978 sold to Carebbean Shipping Co Inc, Panama renamed Baltic Star, 2002 sold to Rederi Ab Allandia, Stockholm renamed Birger Jarl. 2,798
Birka 1944 built by Öresundsvarvet Ab, Landskrona | 1967 sold to K L Lines , Philippines renamed Francisco K L, 1969 scrapped. 1,295
Bogesund 1948 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees | 1964 sold to Seaways Co Inc, Panama renamed Avlis, 1970 sold to Lambo Shipping SA, Panama, 7th April 1972 stranded on Ios Island, refloated repaired, 1974 sold to Sea-Friends Mar Ltd, Greece, 1977 sold to Castoria Shipping Co., Cyprus renamed Fotini II. 1,349
Bore (1) 1853 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Bore, 1874 purchased from Schön & Co., Stockholm not renamed, 1909 scrapped. 563
Bore (2) 1910 built by Campbletown Shipbuilding Co., Campbletown | 1954 sold to Cia Mar, Darbu SA, Puerto Limón, Colombia renamed Mardu, 1961 scrapped. 1,426
Borgholm   see Nya Westerbotten.  
Brage (1) 1902 built by Chantiers Navals Anversois, Hoboken | ex- Tanke, 1911 purchased from A/S Dampskipsselskap Tanke, Sandefjord, Norway renamed Brage, 1928 sold to Rederi AB Stella (Ejnar Sjöqvist), Göteborg not renamed, 2nd February 1946 stranded, 4th August 1947 refloated and later scrapped. 767
Brage (2) 1937 built by Öresundsvarvet AB, Landskrona | 1966 sold to Dorikant Special Shipping, Greece renamed Manina, 1969 scrapped. 1,344
Brynhild 1914 built by Burmeister & Wain, Copenhagen | ex- Heimdal, 1935 purchased from A/S D/S paa Bornholm af 1866, Rönne, Denmark renamed Brynhild, 1936 rebuilt, 1959 sold to AB Telfa (G A Andersson), Göteborg not renamed, 1960 transferred to Rederi Ab Continental Line, Göteborg, 1963 renamed Skagen I on charter Stena, 1963 renamed Brynhild, 1964 renamed Skagen I, 1965 sold to Holmens Bruks & Fabriks Ab, Norrköping renamed Regina and converted into an accommodation vessel, 1970 scrapped. 937
Capella 1967 built by Chantiers Naval de La Ciotat, La Ciotat | Ordered as Benjamin Franklin for Transoceansgas Shipping, Panama but completed as Capella for Rederi AB Svea, 1967 renamed Franklin, 1967 renamed Capella, 1973 sold to Crisflotta Soc, di Nav. SpA & Oceansgas Italia SpA, Palermo (Union Ligure Armamento SpA, Genoa), Italy renamed Luigi Casale, 1988 sold to Sicilsud Leasing SpA (Star Lines SpA) Mestre renamed Blue Star, 1988 sold to Panama renamed Africa Rainbow, 1989 sold to Entebbe Co, Inc, Panama renamed Nordic Rainbow, 1997 sold renamed Qeshm Gas, 1998 scrapped at Gadani Beach. 10,861
Carl von Linné 1884 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Carl von Linné built for Ångfartygs AB Linné, Stockholm, 1913 purchased from Rederi AB Sverige-Nordfinland, Härnösand not renamed, 1936 laid up, 1937 back in service, 1938 sold to Det Øst-Bornholmske Dampskibsselskab A/S, Nexø, Danmark Denmark renamed Carl, 15th October 1948 foundered in storm with the loss of 15 lives. 409
Carl XV 1873 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Carl XV built for Sundsvalls Nya Ångfartygs AB, Sundsvall, 1912 purchased from Södra Ångermanlands Ångbåts AB, Nyland not renamed, 1916 rebuilt, 4th July 1936 grounded and lost. 547
Dania 1885 built by Henry Koch, Lübeck | ex- Faerder built for A/S Faerder, Kristiania, Norway, ex Dania 1897, 1908 purchased from Rederi AB Fredrik, Gävle not renamed, 1934 scrapped. 565
Drottning Sophia 1875 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Drottning Sophia, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1941 laid up, 1941-1945 in service for Swedish Navy, 1945 sold to Det Stavangerska Dampskipssellskapet, Stavanger, Norway renamed Vestri, 1955 scrapped. 728
Dux 1878 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Dux, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1935 sold, 24th September 1938 struck submerged object and lost. 1,013
Edda 1921 built by Nüschke & Co., Stettin | 1934 sold to E.C.A. Clark, London not renamed, 1934 sold to Cia Ama Venezolano de Nav, La Guaira, Venezuela renamed Guayana, 1956 scrapped at Baltimore. 1,079
Elias Sehlstedt 1882 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | ex- Excellensen Posse built for Ångfartygs AB Kontinenten, Ystad, ex- Elias Sehlstedt 1884, 1914 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Norrland not renamed, 1918 rebuilt into a cargo steamer renamed Nörve, 1934 sold for scrapping, 1935 scrapped. 321
Ellida 1873 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Norra Helsingborg built for Hudiksvalls Ångfartygsbolag, ex Hamburg 1881, ex- Svea 1881, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm renamed Ellida, 17th April 1936 grounded and lost. 582
Emanuel Högberg 1964 built by Eriksbergs Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | 1974 sold to Parnaso Cia. Nav., Greece renamed Cosmonaftis, 1978 scrapped. 35,017
Embla (1) 1908 built by Lindholmens Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | 19th April 1944 bombed by Port Vendres by British aircraft. 1,053
Embla (2)   see Mimer (1).  
Emla 1872 built by O. Brodin Varv, Gävle | 1879 sold to C.F. Lindberg, Göteborg, 2nd February 1891 foundered Kjaersgaard Strand, Jylland. 532
Etna 1959 built by Chantiers Naval de La Ciotat | ex- Descartes, 1965 purchased from Gazocean S.A. Martigues, France renamed Etna, 1968 sold to Lutveco Luzon Stevedoring, Co., Manila renamed LSCO Briton, 9th November 1970 destroyed by explosion while discharging cargo. 859
Farida 1956 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1971 sold to J.C. Uiterwijk Co. Bermuda renamed Drucilla U, 1973 sold to Anesis Shipping Co., Cyprus, 1975 sold to Eternity Shipping Co. renamed Riodon, 1977 sold to Riodon Shipping Co., Panama, 1979 sold to Vabouz Shipping Co., Panama renamed Rodon, 1979 sold to Poros Mar Co., Panama renamed Poseidon C, 1985 scrapped. 2,417
Fenris (1) 1909 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | ex- Kalmarsund IX, 1918 purchased from Ångbåts AB Kalmarsund, Kalmar renamed Fenris, 5th January 1940 shelled by German submarine off Sydostbrottets Light Ship. 484
Fenris (2) 1940 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1967 sold to Ignazio Messina Co., Italy renamed Stefanoemme, 1974 sold to Acheos Mar Co., Cyprus renamed Spirit, 1975 sold to Karmenaki Marine Co., Limassol not renamed, 1975 renamed Carmen Fontana, 1976 renamed Fontana, 1976 sold to Gerassimons Agoudimos, Greece renamed Kefallonia, later sold to Kefalliniki Union Corp., Greece, 1979 scrapped. 2,009
Fidra 1939 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1967 sold to Ignazio Messina Co., Italy renamed Gianvittorioemme, 1973 sold to Kalipolis Mar Co., Cyprus renamed Spyros, 1974 sold to Al Toufic Shipping Co. 1,475
Finn 1920 built by Finnboda Varv, Nacka | 1946 modernised, 1967 sold to Comp Mar Katerina SA, Panama renamed Santa Katarina, 1969 sold to Zea Shipping Company, Cyprus renamed Efktimon, 1971 sprang leak while discharging cargo, 1972 abandoned, 1975 scrapped. 1,599
Fjord   see Frost.  
Flamingo 1949 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees | 1963 sold to Seaways Co Inc., Panama renamed Artemon, later sold to Eureka Shipping Co, Panama renamed Flamingo, 1973 sold to Oscar Shipping Co., Cyprus, 1975 sold to Shipmar Shipping Co., Cyprus, Romiossini, 26th November 1976 stranded and lost. 1,359
Floria 1950 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1958 sold to Rederi AB Mercurius / Rederi AB Kjell and chartered back, 1964 re-purchased by AB Svea, 1970 sold to Cia Armadora De Sudamerica, Greece renamed Proteus 2, 1976 sold to Österreichische Reederi AG, Austria renamed Austerian Exporter, 1980 sold to Kariele SA, Panama renamed Nigerian Ala, 1980 scrapped. 2,392
Folias (1) 1949 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, Middlesbrough | 1963 sold to Seaways Co Inc., Panama renamed Apollonia, 1965 sold to Lunar Shipping Co, Panama, 1972 sold to Markreta SA, Panama renamed Evangelos M, 1977 renamed Island K, 1979 sold to Sind Shipping Co, Panama renamed Purval, 1980 scrapped. 1,351
Folias (2)   see Fortuna.  
Fortuna 1955 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1964 renamed Folias, 1965 sold to Ships A/S Fortuna, Norway not renamed, 1972 sold to El Porvenir Shipping, Co, Nicaragua renamed Hope, 1979 sold to Hope Shipping Co., Cayman Island, 1979 sold to Marina Mercante Nicaraguense, Nicaragua, 1981 sold to Naviera Nicaraguense, Nicaragua, 1984 scrapped. 2,356
Franklin   see Capella.  
Freja (1) 1873 built at Sunderland | ex- Ithaca, ex- Rievaulx Abbey, 1883 purchased from Great Britain renamed Freja, 1935 scrapped. 1,082
Freja (2) 1938 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1967 sold to Ignazio Messina Co., Italy renamed Carolaemme, 1972 sold to Ermiokal Shipping Co., Cyprus renamed Carola, 1977 sold to Oriental Commercial Est, Saudi Arabia renamed Gismatallah. 1,463
Frey (1) 1911 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | 1954 scrapped. 1,333
Frey (2) 1955 built by Orenstein Koppel & Lübecker Maschinenbau Ag, Lübeck | 1965 sold to Johansen & Knutsen, Norway renamed Jo-Frey, 1971 sold to Freddy Hareides Red. not renamed, 1972 renamed Vatnafrey, 1973 sold to Filiatis Schipping Co., Somalia renamed Windward Reefer, 1975 sold to Saleh Youssef Fatah, Beirut, Lebanon renamed Yossef, 28th April 1975 sunk in collision with ACHILLE LAURO in Dardanels. 499
Frigg 1889 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Amerika, 1912 purchased from Storfors AB, Västerbotten renamed Frigg, 1928 sold to Tallinn, Estonia renamed Saturn, 1941 seized by Germans, 1945 to Poland, 1949 scrapped. 397
Frithiod 1958 built by Eriksbergs Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | 1969 sold to Coredores Del Mar Armadora, Panama renamed Elin Naftikos, 1971 sold to Panoceania Venturosa SA, Panama renamed Okeania, 1971 damaged by fire and scrapped. 15,750
Frost 1922 built by Finnboda Varv, Nacka | 1940 seized by Germans at Bordeaux, 1941 remamed Hendrik Fisser, 1942 to Kriegsmarine renamed Netzleger III, 2nd August 1944 sunki as a blockship at Bordeaux by Germans, 1946 salvaged and returned to AB Svea, repaired renamed Fjord, 1955 sold renamed Fjordmowe, 1959 sold renamed Fjorden, 1964 sold to Greece renamed Kassos, 1971 scrapped at Perama. 1,727
Froste 1942 built by Finnboda Varv, Nacka | 1966 sold to Ignazio Messina Co., Italy renamed Fredericoemme, 1976 damaged by fire and declared total loss, 1976 scrapped at La Spezia. 1,924
Fylgia (1) 1921 built by Nüschke & Co., Stettin | 1934 sold to E.C.A. Clark, London not renamed, 1934 sold to Cia Ama Venezolana de Nav Maracaibo, Venezuela renamed Bolivar, 1952 renamed Guarico, 1956 scrapped at Baltimore. 1,092
Fylgia (2) 1945 built by Eriksbergs Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | 1966 sold to William Lines, Philippines renamed Virginia, 1967 renamed Virginia VI, 1970 renamed Dona Virginia, 1970 renamed Dumaguete City, 1976 rebuilt renamed Dumaguete, 1981 renamed Wilcon VI. 2,041
Garm (1) 1912 built by Campbletown Shipbuilding Co., Campbletown | Purchased while building, 11th September 1941 torpedoed and sunk by German submarine U.432 with the loss of 6 lives. 1,366
Garm (2) 1961 built by Helsingsborgs Varv Ab, Helsingborg | 1971 sold to Oy Borgå Sjötransport Ab, Borgå, Finland not renamed, 1975 sold to Compagnie Phoceenne D'Armement Maritime, Marseilles renamed Germanine R.E., 1982 scrapped. 1,599
Gauthiod (1) 1873 built by J.&W. Dudgeons, London | 8th September 1931 foundered. 650
Gauthiod (2) 1947 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads Ab, Malmö | 1960 sold to Deutsche Seerederi, Rostock VEB, East Germany renamed Schwarzheide, 1969 scrapped at Santander. 8,606
Gefion 1913 built by Scheepswerf De Merwede, Hardinxveld | Built for The Shipping Investments, Ltd., London on speculation proposed name Göthe, sold to Rederi AB Svea as Gefion, 1947 sold to Rederi AB Svecia (Pehr Santesson), Ystad renamed Ylva, 1947 sold to AB Rivö, Göteborg renamed Valö, 1953 scrapped. 619
Gefle 1871 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Gefle built for Ångfartygsbolaget Gefle, Gävle, 1915 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Norrland not renamed, 1934 sold to Kramfors AB / Red AB Wilhelmina and converted into a barge, 1954 sold to SCA, Svenska Cellulosa AB, Kramfors, 1965 sold to Poul Christensen, Nakskov, Denmark renamed Martin C, 1970 scrapped. 522
Gerd 1907 built by Murdoch & Murray, Port Glasgow | ex- Gerd, 1913 purchased from Wicanders Rederi AB, Stockholm not renamed, 2nd October 1935 sunk in collision and lost with whole crew. 2,323
Germania 1864 built by Nyköping Mekaniska Verkstad, Nyköping | ex- Högbo built for Stål- & Jernverks AB, Gävle, ex- Germania 1888, 1908 purchased from Rederi AB Fredrik, Gävle not renamed, 1911 sold to AB Isfjorden-Belsund renamed Viking, 1912 sold to I. Burkoff, Russia renamed Iona, 1915 scrapped. 429
Getrikland 1858 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Braviken built for Norrländska Ångfartygsbolaget, Norrköping, ex Gestrikland 1874, 1915 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Norrland, Gävle not renamed, 1929 scrapped. 357
Gondul (1) 1928 built by A/S Helsingørs Jernskibs og Maskinbyggeri, Helsingør | 28th May 1943 mined and sunk in South Baltic Sea. 1,234
Gondul (2) 1964 built by Finnboda Varv, Nacka | 1971 sold to Partrederi Frans E Karlsson, Skärhamn renamed Silva, 1980 sold to Jourdain Navigation Ltd, Montreal, Canada renamed Hudson Venture, 1982 sold to The Hudson´s Bay Company, Manitoba renamed Kanguk, 1990 sold to Aldabra Steamship Company Ltd, management av UBT Shipmanagement Company Ltd, St Vincent & Grenadines renamed Aldabra, later sold to O.K. Tanzania, 1999 scrapped. 1,599
Göthe   see Motala.  
Gothia 1901 ex- Alpha, 1907 purchased from France renamed Gothia, 24th June 1917 foundered. 683
Gran 1944 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees | ex- Chant 57 built for Ministry of War Transport, ex- Grande 1946 for Com. Cerro Pando De Nav, Panama, ex- Gran 1946 for Red AB Staffan, Gävle, 1965 purchased from Malmö Red AB not renamed, 1966 sold to Maritime Co Ltd, Khorramshar, Iran renamed Kamram, 18th January 1989 foundered in heavy weather. 468
Grane 1893 built by Nüschke & Co., Stettin | ex- Wilhelm Lüdke built for W Lüdke & Co., Stettin, ex- Herma 1898, ex- Göthe 1907, 1924 purchased from Blekinge Ångbåts AB, Karlshamn renamed Grane, 1930 sold to Rang, Tallinn, Estonia renamed Vega, 1940 seized by Germans, 1941 to USSR, 1942 to Germany renamed Brüsterort, 1934 registered in Estonia renamed Vega, 1946 to Compania Dabai de Nav. SA, Panama renamed Rosita, 21st November 1946 stranded and lost. 403
Grim (1) 1919 built by Kockums Varv, Malmö | 1958 scrapped. 1,329
Grim (2) 1962 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1969 sold to Rederi Ab Asta, Mariehamn, Finland renamed Atlas, 1982 sold to NG Shipping, (Pty), Ltd, Singapore renamed New Galactica, 1987 scrapped. 1,599
Gudur (1) 1928 built by A/S Helsingørs Jernskibs og Maskinbyggeri, Helsingør | 1964 renamed Hugin, 1966 sold to Averola Cia Nav, Panama renamed Rugin, 1967 sold to Achille Hadjistefanou, Greece renamed Panagioitis, 1968 sold to Cantiere Nav Giuseppe Trinagli, Italy renamed Tomazo, sold several times and scrapped in 1975. 1,599
Gudur (2) 1965 built by Finnboda Varv, Nacka | 1969 to British Flag renamed Garda, 1973 sold to Canada renamed Bill Crosbie, 1980 capsized off St. John’s NF and scuttled. 1,599
Gullborg 1910 built by Nylands Verksteder, Kristiania | ex- Gullborg, 1915 purchased from Mems Rederi Ab, Mem. (konsul Arthur Du Rietz) not renamed, 1948 sold to Bernhard Sergo, Stockholm renamed Vaika, 1953 scrapped. 671
Gunlög 1917 built by J. & A. van der Schuit's Scheepswerven, Papendrecht | 27th October 1941 sunk by Allied air attack off Dutch Coast. 1,424
Gustaf Wasa 1895 built by A/S Helsingørs Jernskips og Maskinbyggeri, Helsingør | ex- Gustaf Wasa, 1905 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Stockholm – Lübeck, Stockholm not renamed, 1905 lengthened, 1941 sold to A/S Hardsyssel, Denmark renamed Dagny, 1946 transferred to Asmussens Eftr., Copenhagen renamed Annaq Rita, 1947 foundered. 493
H Wicander 1892 built by Campbletown Shipbuilding Co., Campbletown | ex- H Wicander built for August Wicander, Stockholm, 1913 purchased from Wicanders Rederi Ab, Stockholm not renamed, 17th August 1917 while in convoy protected by 2 British warships sunk by German cruisers 60 miles east of Lerwick. 1,256
Hedrun   see Hjalmar Blomberg.  
Heimdal 1915 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | 1948 rebuilt, 1957 sold to Oy Silja rederiet Ab Åbo, Finland renamed Silja, 1967 sold to M.Raunanheimo, Kokkola (Karleby), Finland renamed Coccolita, 1970 sold for scrapping, 1971 scrapped. 1,312
Hermod 1919 built by Södra Varvet, Stockholm | 13th March 1943 torpedoed and sunk by British torpedo boat off Terschelling with the loss of 4 lives. 1,444
Hernösand II 1865 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Hernösand II built for Hernösands Ångfartygsbolag, Hernösand, 1911 purchased from Hernösands Ångbåts AB, Hernösand not renamed, 1924 sold to B. Heyman, Stockholm and rebuilt into an accommodation ship, 1951 scrapped. 464
Hjalmar Blomberg 1920 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1920 renamed Hedrun, 16th August 1940 torpedoed and sunk by German submarine U.48 in North Atlantic with the loss of 10 lives. 2,325
Hudiksvall 1849 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Berzelius built for Norrlands Nya Ångfartygs Actie Bolag, Gefle, ex- Örnsköldsvik 1878, ex- Hudiksvall 1882, 1913 purchased from Ångf. AB Hudiksvall (C. Almgren), Hudiksvall not renamed, 2nd August 1916 stopped sunk by gunfire from German submarine. 472
Hugin (1) 1924 built by Helsingørs Jernskips og Maskinbyggeri A/S, Helsingør | 1962 sold to A. Athanassiasdes & F. Georgopoules, Greece renamed Nissos Skiathos, 1965 sold to J. Knorring, Greece renamed Theomitor, 1966 sold to Nav Mar Bulgare, Bulgaria renamed Algit, 1970 scrappet at La Spezia. 1,240
Hugin (2)   see Gudur (1)  
Hyperion 1884 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Transit No 5 built for Ångfartygs AB Transit, Stockholm, ex- Hyperion 1886, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1945 sold to Det Stavangerska D/S, Stavanger, Norway renamed Austri, 1952 scrapped. 616
Idog 1880 ex- Idog built for Ångslups AB Ragnhild, Nyland, 1912 purchased from Södra Ångermanlands Ångfartygsbolag not renamed, 1917 sold to Hernösand-Sollefteå Ångbåts AB not renamed, sold several times and scrapped somewhere in the 1980’s. 66
Inger 1897 built by Bolinders Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | Small steamer, 1918 purchased, 1928 sold, 1957 scrapped. n/a
Irene 1899 built by Nylands Verksteder, Kristiania | ex- Irene, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1946 sold to A/S Vesteraalens DS, Stokmarknes, Norway renamed Raftsund, 1952 scrapped. 680
J L Runeberg 1876 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- J L Runeberg, 1912 purchased from Sundsvall-Wasa Ångfartygs AB not renamed, 1920 rebuilt, 1921 renamed Runeberg, 1946 sold to J. Eliades for Compania Cerro Pando de Navegacion SA, Panama renamed San Miguel and used as a Jewish refuge ship to Israel, 1947 renamed Elene, later renamed Herut, 1950 scrapped. n/a
Kare (1)   see Lulea (3)  
Kare (2) 1955 built by Orenstein Koppel & Lübecker Maschinenbau Ag, Lübeck | ex- Kare, 1964 purchased from Rederi Ab Saturnus, Stockholm not renamed, 1965 sold to Lars Rej Johansen, Oslo, Norway renamed Joreefer, 1969 sold to Karlsen Shipping Co., Ltd, Halifax, Canada, 1971 to Martin Karlsen A/S, Ålesund renamed Polar Reefer, 1975 sold to Mr Khodr Adel El-Hoss, Beirut, Lebanon renamed Youssef, 1977 sold to Hay Saleh Fatha, Qatar renamed Yousif, 2000 renamed Al Yousif I, 2000 scrapped at Gadani Beach. 499
Karskär (1) 1941 built by Gebr. Van Diepen, Delfzijl | Seized by Germans while building and completed for Germany renamed U Tender Mossel, later renamed Mossel, 1947 allocated to France renamed Charles Damaye, 1950 sold to Sté Havraise de Transport & de Transit, Le Havre renamed Sainte Adresse, 1952 sold to Consortium Maritime Franco-Chérifien, Casablanca, 1955 sold to John H Blackmore, St John´s, Newfoundland, 1963 sold to North Shore Shipping Lines Ltd, St John´s, Newfoundland, 10th December 1963 stranded and lost. 788
Karskär (2) 1943 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1954 sold to Red AB Coasting (Broströms), Göteborg renamed Largo, 1955 transferred to Broströms Tender Service, Göteborg, 1964 sold to Susam Sa, Panama renamed Anna. 582
Kolga 1891 ex- Kolga built for Ångfartygs AB Concordia, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1934 scrapped. 366
Konung Oscar 1875 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Konung Oscar, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1941 laid up, 1941-1945 in service for Swedish Navy, 1946 sold to Cia Cerro Pando de Nav S.A. Panama renamed San Spyridon and used as a Jewish refuge ship to Israel. 606
Lennart Torstensson 1851 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Lennart Torstensson, 1888 purchased from Norrköpings Ångfartygsbolag, Norrköping not renamed, 1896 sold to Ångfartygs AB Stockholm-Lübeck (C.E. Nyman) not renamed, 1904 sold to Ångfartygs AB Trafik, Åbo, 1905 transferred to Ångfartygs AB Transito, Åbo renamed Porthan, 1913 scrapped. 378
Lily 1887 ex- Caron, ex- Lily 1897, 1908 purchased from Rederi AB Fredrik, Gävle not renamed, 1934 sold for scrapping, 1935 scrapped. 371
Loke (1) 1905 built by Campbletown Shipbuilding Co., Campbletown | ex- Loke, 1913 purchased from Wicanders Rederi Ab, Stockholm not renamed, 1937 sold to African & Continental SS Co., Gibraltar, 1938 sold to Toussi Shipping, Gibraltar, 1939 to Spanish Government, 1942 to Empresa Nacional 'Elcano', Cadiz, 1959 sold to Naviera Ason, Cadiz, 1971 scrapped. 1,298
Loke (2) 1957 built by Sölvesborgs Varv Ab, Sölvesborg | 1967 sold renamed Laila, 1978 sold to Ven-Öresundslinjen AB, Simrishamn renamed Ann Louise, 1981 sold renamed Havang, 1982 sold renamed Tineland, 1985 sold renamed Limoni, 1986 sold renamed Diani, 1989 sold renamed Jesica, 1994 sold renamed Thomas, 1994 sold renamed Chriss H, 1997 sold renamed Nada K, 1998 sold renamed Adam I. 499
Ludvig Peyron 1899 built by Carmichael, McLean & Co., Greenock | ex- Ludvig Peyron, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1933 sold to Theidr Wumpa, Reval, Estonia renamed Ubari, during World War 2 under Allied control, 1950 sold to H. Adamson & Co., Cardiff renamed Rumney, 1959 scrapped. 1,384
Lulea (1) 1872 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Lulea, 1911 purchased from Bottniska Ångfartygs AB, Haparanda not renamed, 1912 renamed Skandia, 1913 sold to Johan A.H. Olsson, Stockholm not renamed, 1913 sold to Georg Ralli, Constantinople, renamed Mela, 1915 sold to Turkey renamed Broussa, 8th February 1915 foundered. 473
Lulea (2)   see Skandia.  
Lulea (3) 1902 built by Helsingørs Jernskibs og Maskinbyggeri, Helsingør | ex- Lulea built for H.M. Gehrckens, Hamburg, 1916 wrecked, wreck sold to Rederi AB Svea, repaired renamed Kare, 1940 seized by Germans at Narvik renamed Hela, 1947 returned to owners but in a bad condition, 1947 sold to Red AB Monark, Stockholm reconditioned and renamed Monestra, 7th November 1957 sunk in collision. 1,381
Luna 1905 built by Fredrikstads MV, Fredrikstad | ex- Luna, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 6th December 1914 struck mine and sunk. 1,079
Magne (1) 1912 built by Helsingörs Jernskips og Maskinbyggeri A/S, Helsingör | 14th March 1945 torpedoed and sunk by German submarine U.714 off Coast Scotland with the loss of 10 lives. 1,146
Magne (2) 1948 built by Öresundsvarvet Ab, Landskrona | 21st February 1968 sunk after collision with ms KIRRIBILLI off Scheveningen with the loss of 7 lives. 1,504
Marga 1969 built by Falkenbergs Varv, Falkenberg | 1977 sold to P/R Lars-Erik Johnsson, Karlstad renamed Margareta, 1977 lengthened, 1985 sold to Haggerstone Maritime Ltd, Hornchurch (Syndicate Tankships Ltd.), Gibraltar renamed Syneta, 26th December 1986 foundered with the loss of 12 lives. 499
Margot 1966 built by Bayerische Schiffbau GmbH, Erlenbach | 1978 sold to .A. Johansson, Göteborg. 499
Mimer (1) 1913 built by Ab Lindholmens Varv, Göteborg | 1950 renamed Embla, 1954 scrapped at Lübeck. 932
Mimer (2) 1951 built by Finnboda Varv, Nacka | 1968 sold to Wan Fung Steamshiping, Taiwan renamed Wan Chung, later sold to Yi Tay SS Company, Taiwan renamed Yi Shang, 1981 scrapped. 1,421
Mjölner 1914 built by Lindholmens Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | 1954 scrapped. 926
Mode (1) 1912 built by Helsingörs Jernskips og Maskinbyggeri A/S, Helsingör | 20th July 1944 mined and sunk with the loss of 3 lives. 1,146
Mode (2) 1949 built by Öresundsvarvet Ab, Landskrona | 1968 sold to Goodwill Shipping Company, Cyprus renamed Goodwill, later sold to Dal Mar. Company renamed Lad, 1976 sold to Sougerka Mar. Company, Greece renamed Sougerka, 1981 scrapped. 1,484
Motala 1870 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Motola, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1913 renamed Göthe, 1938 sold to Jakob Rang, Tallin, Estonia renamed Orion, 28th March 1940 foundered. 747
Munin (1) 1924 built by Helsingørs Jernskips og Maskinbyggeri A/S, Helsingør | 1926 stranded and lost. 1,191
Munin (2) 1931 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1940 sold to Swedish Navy renamed Prins Carl and converted into a hospital ship, 1944 converted into a radar test ship, 1971 scrapped. 1,262
Munin (3) 1950 built by Öresundsvarvet Ab, Landskrona | 1964 stranded and lost. 1,483
Nautilus 1872 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Nautilus, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1934 laid up, 1935 scrapped. 973
Njord 1855 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Njord built for Norrländska Ångfartygsbolaget, Stockholm, 1911 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Norra Sverige not renamed, 1943 sold to Pehr Erik Santesson, Grisslehamn not renamed, 1946 sold to Rederi AB Ranja, Ystad (Pehr Erik Santesson), 1948 sold to Västerviksvarvet, 1949 sold to Västerviks Nya Varvs AB for scrapping, 1951 scrapped. 640
Norden 1914 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad Ab, Oskarshamn | ex- Norden, 1924 purchased from Blekinge Ångbåts AB, Karlshamn not renamed, 1947 sold to partrederi i Västerås (huvudredare Arne Lindén) renamed Anund, 1948 transferred to Rederi AB Vestmannia, Västerås, 1948 sold to Rederi AB Norden, Norrköping renamed Norden, 1954 scrapped. 574
Nore 1872 built by J.A. Meyer, Lübeck | Sailing ship, 1885 sold to E.M. Olsen & Partner renamed Anthon, 1887 stranded and lost at Cebu, Philippines. 230
Norra Finland 1885 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Norra Finland built for Torneå Ångbåts AB, Torneå, Finland, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1910 renamed Odin, 1945 sold to A/S Det Stavangerske Dampskipsselskap, Stavanger, Norway renamed Ryfylke, 1951 scrapped. 617
Norra Sverige 1875 built by Nya Varvet, Gävle | ex- Norra Sverige, 1911 purchased from Haparanda Ångfartygs AB, Haparanda not renamed, 7th December 1914 mined and sunk and sunk. 723
Norrbotten 1873 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | ex- Norrbotten built for Axel Lundström, Piteå, 1911 purchased from Rederi AB Norrbotten not renamed, 1912 sold to J.R. Lindqvist, Stockholm not renamed, 1913 sold to Alvarez & Cia, Buenos Aires, Argentine renamed Argos, 1918 converted into a barge. 531
Norrland 1889 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Norrland, 1913 purchased from Ångfartygsbolaget Norrland, Härnösand not renamed, 1936 sold to Rederi Ab Staffan and chartered back, 1940 sold to O.E. Ceidborn, Stockholm and converted into a salvage vessel, 1941 sold to D/S Norrland, Copenhagen, 1941 sold to Hansen & Hinze (Red AB Mercur), Denmark renamed Merkur, 1943 sold to Carl Clausen, Svendborg renamed Jytte Clausen, 1947 sold to D. Ioannou, Greece renamed Enosis, 1950 sold to John Paraschos, Greece, 1959 sold to S. Linardatos, Greece and converted into a cargo ship, 6th April 1967 sunk off Alexandria. 426
Northiod 1954 built by Öresundsvarvet Ab, Landskrona | 1964 sold to Edaterinia Cia Mar, Panama renamed Sofia P, 1970 foundered during storm. 12,630
Nörve   see Elias Sehlstedt.  
Nya Westerbotten 1876 built by Wm. Chricton-Vulcans Varv, Åbo | ex- Finland built for Ångfartygs AB Finland (Ångfartygs AB Turku), Finland, ex- Nya Westerbotten 1910, 1912 purchased from Umeå Nya Ångfartygs AB, Umeå not renamed, 1920 rebuilt, 1920 renamed Borgholm, 1934 renamed Vesterbotten, 1946 sold to Cia Cerro Pando de Nav. S A , Panama renamed Don Basilio, on her way to new owners sprang leak and laid up, 1948 sold to Göteborgs Skeppssnickeri, 1951 scrapped. 611
Odin (1) 1873 built by J.A. Bångs Varv, Gävle | Sailing vessel, 1883 sold to A. & C. Amundsen & Partner, Sarpsborg, Norway renamed Henry, 1897 sold to AS Henry (Jens T. Andersen), Sarpsborg, 1901 foundered. 389
Odin (2)   see Norra Finland.  
Ørnen 1909 built by Burmeister & Wain, Copenhagen | ex- Ørnen, 1929 purchased from A/S D/S Paa Bornholm af 1866, Rønne not renamed, 1950 Rederi AB Öresund and rebuilt, 1959 sold to Oy Vaasa-Umeå Ab, Vasa, 1966 sold to Giacomo Antonio & Giuseppe Rubaudo, Imperia, Italy renamed Rudiae, 1968 sold to Rosvega Maritima SA, Panama renamed Rumba, 1972 scrapped. 793
Oscar II 1872 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Söderhamn built for Söderhamns Ångfartygsbolag, Söderhamn, ex- Söderhamn II 1877, ex- Söderhamn 1881, ex- Oscar II 1895, 1915 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Gefleborg, Gefle not renamed, 1930 laid up, 1931 sold to Sixten Bloms Järnvaru AB, Stockholm for scrapping but resold in 1932 for use as a barge renamed Strömdalen. 527
Östersjön 1886 ex- Östersjön built for AB Östersjön, Norrköping | 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 2nd September 1923 lost in collision 473
Pitea 1874 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Pitea, 1911 purchased from Bottniska Ångfartygs AB, Luleå, 1916 seized by Germans renamed Urian, 1919 returned to owners renamed Pitea, 1919 converted into a cargo ship, 1939 sold for scrapping to Germany and used as an accommodation ship instead. 635
Presto 1875 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Presto, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1920 laid up, 1936 scrapped. 1,061
Ragne   see Svithiod (2).  
Rane 1927 built by A/S Helsingørs Jernskibs og Maskinbyggeri, Helsingør | 1963 sold to Stylianos D Meletis, Greece renamed Elli, 1967 sold to Stelma Cia Nav, Panama renamed Eleonora, 1986 scrapped. 1,268
Regin 1921 built by Oskarshamns Varv, Oskarshamn | 1952 rebuilt, 1962 sold to Rederi Ab Göteborg - Frederikshavn, Göteborg renamed Prinsessan Regina, 1963 laid up, 1967 scrapped. 1,373
Rex 1877 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Rex, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1941 sold to Pehr Erik Santesson, Grisslehamn not renamed, 1942 sold to Red AB Nordfart, Stockholm (P. Santesson), 1946 sold to Red AB Ranja, Ystad (P. Santesson), 1949 sold to Klas August Andersson, Karlskrona, 1955 scrapped. 1,043
Rhea 1884 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Transit No 6 built for Ångfartygs AB Transit, Stockholm, ex- Rhea 1886, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1945 sold to Det Nordlandske D/S Bodø, Norway renamed Saltdal, 1957 sold to Høvding Skipsophugning, Trondheim renamed Meisfjord, 1961 scrapped. 581
Ring 1927 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1963 scrapped. 1,307
Rönnskär (1) 1940 built by N.V.E.J. Smit & Zoon, Westerbroek | Seized by Germans while building and completed for Germany renamed Paloma in 1942, 1946 allocated to the USSR renamed Langeron. 932
Rönnskär (2) 1943 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1956 sold to Broströms Tender Service, Göteborg renamed Tento, 1964 sold to Susam Sa, Panama renamed Bella, 1970 sold renamed Hooda, 1972 sold to Ebrahim Salman Almatrood, Bahrain renamed Omid. 581
Rota (1) 1863 Sailing ship, ex- Helen Clinton, 1874 purchased from USA renamed Rota, 1876 damaged by heavy weather and sold for scrapping. n/a
Rota (2) 1930 built by Nordseewerke Emden A.G., Emden | 1953 sold renamed Friedrich S Müller, later sold renamed Eduard Rusche, sold renamed Pandelis S, sold renamed Derna, 1963 stranded and lost. 1,153
Rote 1958 built by Ab Hammarbyverken, Stockholm | 1967 sold to Frans Erling Karlsson, Skärhamn renamed Siwa, later sold to Giuseppe Schiano di Zenise EC, Naples, Italy not renamed, 1984 sold to Honduras renamed Michailis M II, later renamed Georgia, later renamed Nikolaos, 1991 sold to Rasoula Maritime, Honduras renamed Rasoula N. 496
Runeberg   see J L Runeberg.  
Runk 1886 built by O.A. Brodins Varv, Gävle | ex- Rurik built for AB Västervik-Libau, Västervik, 1905 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Rurik (C G Thulin), Stockholm not renamed, 1912 sold to N.A. Nihlén, Hamburg not renamed, 1916 sold to C.A. Wallén, Göteborg renamed Frithiof, 1918 sold to AB Nyman & Schultz, Stockholm, later sold to Norrman & Co. AB, Stockholm, 1926 reverted to AB Nyman & Schultz, 1926 rebuilt renamed Rurik, 1928 sold to Rederi AB Sverige-Balticum, Stockholm not renamed, 1934 sold to Felix Kotiranta, Åbo, Finland renamed Kaija, 1937 sold to AB Nordsjöfrakt Oy, Finland, 18.2.1940 bombed and sunk by Russian aircraft. 452
S G Hermelin 1876 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Samuel Gustaf Hermelin built for Luleå Ångbåts AB, Luleå, ex S. G. Hermelin 1909, 1911 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Norra Sverige not renamed, Compania Cerro Pando de Navegacion SA, Panama renamed San Felipe and used for Jewish refugees to Israel. 749
Saturnus 1950 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees | ex- Saturnus, 1962 purchased from Rederi Ab Saturnus, Stockholm not renamed, 1963 sold to Skips A/S Björnvik, Fredrikstad, Norway not renamed, 1963 renamed Bjornvik, 1964 sold to Cia De Nav Faraklata SA, Panama renamed Roula Maria, 1968 sold to Cia De Nav Manpatrax SA, Panama renamed Ampuria, 1970 engineroom damage, later lost or scrapped. 10,608
Scania 1964 built by Uddevalla Varvet Ab, Uddevalla | 1971 sold to Oy Vaasa-Umeå Ab, Vasa, Finland renamed Scania Express, 1976 sold to Gotlandstrafiken Ab, Visby. (Rederi Ab Gotland) renamed Polhem, 1981 sold to Vasilios A. Agapitor (Agapitos Lines), Greece renamed Nereus, 19th July 1989 wrecked. 2,505
Scanthiod 1959 built by Uddevalla Varvet Ab, Uddevalla | 1970 sold to Mullion Tankers Ltd, Gibraltar renamed Seconda, 1976 scrapped at Hong Kong. 12,508
Servus 1969 built by Jos, L. Meyer Werft, Papenburg | 1977 sold to Ignazio Messina, Naples, Italy renamed Jolly Bianco, 1987 sold to John Khayat & Co., Beirut, Lebanon renamed Fast Egypt, 1994 sold to Ragione Sociale Armatore, Naples renamed Sea Road, 1997 sold to Baaboud Trading & Shipping Agencies, Jeddah renamed Najmat Jeddah, 2002 scrapped at Alang. 2,232
Sif 1913 built by Dundee Shipbuilding Co., Dundee | 1917 seized by British, 1918 returned to owners, 8th July 1944 sunk by aerial torpedo off Helgoland. 1,437
Sigvard 1875 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | ex- Skane built for Höganäs Ångfartygs AB, Höganäs, ex- Gadus 1899, ex- Sigvard 1906, 1909 purchased from Manfred Svensson, Stockholm not renamed, 1913 sold to Francesco Scotto & Figli, Baia, Italy renamed Cornelia Scotto, 1916 sold to F. Baglietto, Genoa renamed Cornelia, 1924 sold to Unione Linea Gran-Cabotaggio, Genoa, 1925 sold to SA di Nav Unione, Genoa, 1927 scrapped. 890
Sigyn 1897 built by Campbletown Shipbuilding Co., Campbletown | ex- Sigyn, 1913 purchased from Wicanders Rederi Ab, Stockholm not renamed, 1st August 1940 torpedoed or mined and sunk in North Atlantic. 2,099
Sirius 1959 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads Ab, Malmö | ex- Saturnus, 1962 purchased from Rederi Ab Saturnus, Stockholm not renamed, 1967 sold to Kyaparissa De Nav, Panama renamed Angela F, 1980 sold to Shobokshi Mar Co. Saudi Arabia renamed Shomar Hanan, 1983 sold to Kaymart Co Ltd renamed Roua, 1989 sold to D Shipping & Trading, Panama renamed Pearl Star I, 1990 sold to Kalypso Star Bunkering & General Marine Trading, UAC renamed Kalypso Star I. 15,858
Skagul 1924 ex- Havtor, 1929 purchased from Germany renamed Skagul, 30th September 1942 sunk in collision. 1,185
Skandia (1) 1872 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Skandia, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1912 renamed Lulea, 1939 scrapped. 672
Skandia (2)   see Lulea (1). 596
Skaraborg 1914 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | ex- Skaraborg, 1915 purchased from Mems Rederi Ab, Mem not renamed, 1954 sold to Compania Maritima Virona Limitida, Panama. (Bernhard Sergo, Stockholm) renamed Voosi, 1967 sold to Forkys Shipping Company, Greece renamed Ketty, 1972 scrapped. 1,166
Skirner 1919 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1958 sold to Andersson & Lundqvist Ab, Gävle not renamed, 1961 scrapped. 1,264
Skuld   built by Nordseewerke Emden A.G., Emden | 1954 sold to Italy renamed Silva, 1968 scrapped. 1,160
Söderhamn 1866 built by Nyköpings Mekaniska Verkstad, Nyköping | ex- Westerbotten built for Westerbottens Ångbåtsbolag, Umeå, ex- Söderhamn 1910, 1913 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Norrland not renamed, later sold to Södra Varvets AB. Byggs and used as a barge, 1915 sold to Stockholms Transport & Bogserings AB renamed Bard, 1919 renamed TB 381 Bard, 1961 sold to Gustav Carlsson i Sundbyberg AB, 1962 scrapped. 475
Södra Sverige 1871 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Södra Sverige, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1946 sold to J. Eliades, London, for Compania Rabaldo de Nav S.A., Panama renamed San Dimitrio, later renamed Latrum and used for Jewish refugees to Israel, 1949 scrapped. 596
Staffan 1957 built by Lödöse Varv Ab, Lödöse | 1965 purchased from Rederi Ab Staffan, Gävle not renamed, 1967 transferred to Rederij Holda, Amsterdam not renamed, 1969 sold to Cia Arm De Transports Maritime, France renamed Marie Aude, 1978 sold to Gerasimos Kavadas & Bros Shipping Co Ltd., Greece renamed Ageliki II, 1992 sold to Sourmelis Shipping Co. renamed Kapetan Christos. 499
Stegeborg 1907 built by Lindholmens Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | ex- Stegeborg, 1915 purchased fvrom Mems Rederi AB, Mem (konsul Arthur Du Rietz) not renamed, 1948 sold renamed Sverker, later sold to Rederi Ab Söderöra, 1967 sold to Alvar Olsson, Varberg, 1974 sold to Greece renamed Sofoula, 1979 scrapped at Perama. 709
Stella Marina 1950 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads Ab, Malmö | 1965 sold to Soc Siciliana Servizi Mar, Italy renamed Somalia, 1973 sold to Universal Seaways Private, Singapore renamed Crown Fruit, 1976 damaged by fire and scrapped. 5,207
Stockholm 1871 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Stockholm, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1909 renamed Vale, 1933 scrapped. 820
Stocksund 1958 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1969 renamed Cap York on charter, 1970 renamed Stocksund, 1973 sold to China Ocean Shipping Co., Shanghai renamed Yu Quan, 1983 renamed Hu Jiu Lao 5, 1992 deleted from Register. 2,659
Sundsvall 1854 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Sundsvall, 1913 purchased from Sundsvalls Ångfartygs AB, Sundsvall not renamed, 1916 converted into a cargo ship, 1933 sold to Wärtsilä Oy, Viborg, Finland and converted into a barge. 269
Svanesund 1948 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees | 1963 sold to Seaways Co. Inc, Panama renamed Atalanti, later sold to Kaianav Shipping Cio, Greece renamed Kastriani II, 1975 sold to Thermaikos Shipping & Trading, Greece renamed Nikolaos M II, 1977 sold to Main Mast Shipping, Cyprus renamed Mariza W, 1979 sold to Calmar SA, Greece renamed Kostas, 1980 scrapped. 1,349
Svea (1) 1872 built by J.A. Bångs Varv, Gävle | 1881 sold to S Sittkoff, Mariehamn, Åland, 1881 sold to AS Svea (Oscar Hansen), Kristiania (Oslo), 1899 sold to AS Svea (Arnt Olsen), Fredrikstad, 1913 converted into a barge. 798
Svea (2) 1883 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | 1899 sold to Continentale Rhederei AG, Hamburg renamed Jenfeld, 1904 to Schönfeld & Wolter, Hamburg, 1906 sold to Hamburg Amerikanische Paketfahrt Aktien Gesellschaft (Hapag), Hamburg renamed Hoango, 1910 sold to G. Urrutia, Manila renamed Albay, 1937 scrapped. 1,150
Svea (3) 1900 built by Howaldtswerke, Kiel | 1949 sold to Jivrajs Navigation Co Ltd, Mombasa, Kenya renamed El Karim, 1953 renamed Sher, 1958 scrapped. 744
Svea (4) 1966 built by Ab Lindholmens Varv, Göteborg | 1968 sold to Rederi Ab Svenska Lloyd, Göteborg, 1969 renamed Hispania, 1972 renamed Saga (4), 1984 sold to Minoan Lines, Greece renamed Knossos, 1998 sold to Ferro Ferryboat & RoRo Transport Co, Belize City, Belize renamed Captain Zaman II, 2003 sold to Blue Line International Inc, Panama renamed Ancona. 7,883
Svea Corona 1975 built by Dubegion-Normandie S.A. Nantes | In service for Silja Line, 1981 Rederi AB Svea was sold to Johnson Line, 1984 sold to Sundance Cruises a company owned by Effoa, Johnson Line and McDonald Enterprises, rebuilt renamed Sundancer, 30th June -1st July 1984 went aground at Duncan Bay, later refloated and declared total loss, later sold to Epirotiki Line, Greece and repaired in 1985 renamed Pegagus, 2nd June 1991 damaged by fire at Venice and partially sunk in the shallow waters, and was declared a total constructive loss for the second time, refloated towed to Pireaus and laid up, 1994 sold to Strintzis Line renamed Ionian Express with the intention to rebuild her as a car-passenger ferry but a again damaged by fire while rebuilding and was declared a total constructive loss, 1995 scrapped at Aliaga. 13,275
Svea Drott 1966 built by Öresundvarvet, Landskrona | 1974 sold to Lloyd's Leasing Ltd, London, 1975 renamed Earl Godwin, 1979 registered for Sealink, 1990 sold to Nav. Arcipelago Maddalenino Spa, Naples, Italy (Moby Line) renamed Moby Baby, 4,018
Svea Jarl 1962 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | Ordered as Sten Sture bujt completed as Svea Jarl, 1976 sold to Rederi Ab Slite, Slite renamed Apollo III, 1989 sold to Siam Cruise Co Ltd, Bangkok, Thailand renamed Andaman Princess, 2006 sold to Advent Systems Ltd, British Virgin Islands renamed Prince. 4,334
Svea Marina 1973 built by Rheinstahl Nordseewerke, Emden | 1978 sold to Esso Tankers Inc, Panama renamed Esso Orient, 1979 converted into a LPG tanker, 1991 transferred to Esso Far East, Singapore, 1994 sold renamed Orient, 199? scrapped. 60,742
Svea Regina 1972 built by Dubegion-Normandie S.A. Nantes | Ordered for Oy Siljavarustamo - Ab Siljarederiet, Åbo, Finland but completed for Rederi AB Svea, 1978 sold to Finska Ångfartygs Ab, Helsingfors, Finland renamed Regina, 1979 sold to Karageorgis Lines, Greece renamed Mediterranean Sun, 1980 sold to Heritage Shipping Co Ltd, Limassol, Cyprus, 1982 sold to Naftiliaki Eteri Lesvou A.E. (Maritime Co. of Lesvos, Mytilene), Greece renamed Odysseas Elytis, 1985 sold to Sky Cruises Ltd, Nassau, Bahamas renamed Scandinavian Sky, 1989 sold to Palkkiyhtymä Oy, Helsingfors, Finland renamed Tallink, 1992 sold to Tallink Bahamas Ltd., Nassau, Bahamas, 1998 sold to Florence Mar. S.A., Panama renamed Mama Tanzania, 1998 sold to Salam Internationell Transport & Trading Co Ltd. Amman renamed Eltor, 2001 sold to Yakima Navigation, Panama renamed Monte Carlo, 2001 renamed El Safa, 2005 scrapped at Alang as Safa. 8,020
Svea Scarlett 1971 built by Jos, L. Meyer Werft, Papenburg | 1980 sold to Partrederiet A/S D/S Öresund, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1982 sold to Rederi Ab Eckerö, Eckerö, Finland renamed Eckerö, 1982 rebuilt, 1991 sold to P&O Scottish Ferries, Aberdeen, Scotland renamed Eck, 1992 renamed St Ola. 2,957
Svea Star 1968 built by Orenstein Koppel & Lübecker Maschinenbau Ag, Lübeck | ex- Freeport built for Miami Terminal Transport Co (Freeport Cruise Line) Inc., Monrovia, Liberia, ex- Freeport I 1968, ex- Freeport 1973, 1973 purchased from Oy Birka Line Ab, Mariehamn, Finland renamed Svea Star, 1976 sold to Bremer Schiffahrts GmbH & Co. KG, Bremen renamed Caribe, 1981 renamed Caribe Bremen, 1981 sold to Scandinavian World Cruises Inc, Nassau, Bahamas renamed Scandinavian Sun, 1985 to SeaEscape Cruises Ltd, Nassau, Bahamas, 1992 sold to Belle Meade Shipping, Monrovia, Liberia Balanga Queen, 1994 sold to Discovery Cruise Line, Panama renamed Discovery Sun. 10,448
Sveaborg (1) 1931 built by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg | 9th April 1940 torpedoed and sunk by German submarine U.37 near Faroe Island with the loss of 5 lives. 9,209
Sveaborg (2) 1944 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads Ab, Malmö | 1949 sold to Rederi Ab Gylfe (Stig Gorthon), Helsingborg renamed Urania Gorthon, 1959 sold to Rederi Hans Von Retig (Höyrylaiva Oy Bore/ Ångfartygs Ab Bore), Åbo, Finland renamed Hanga, 1963 scrapped. 8,673
Sveadrott (1) 1918 built by Northumberland Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, Howdon-on-Tyne | ex- Norfolk Range, 1924 purchased from Neptune Steam Navigation Co., Sunderland renamed Sveadrott, 29th November 1924 stranded, refloated and scrapped. 4,896
Sveadrott (2) 1929 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstad Ab, Malmö | 1937 sold to Skibs A/S Hilda Knutsen (Knut Knutsen) renamed Emma Bakke, 9th October 1954 damaged by explosion in engineroom, 11th October 1954 abandoned and sunk. 4,896
Sveadrott (3) 1938 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads Ab, Malmö | 1962 sold to Pacific Shipping SA, Panama renamed Switzerland, 1971 laid up, 1973 sold for scrapping, 1973 scrapped. 10,019
Sveajarl (1) 1921 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstad, Malmö | ex- Arator built for Svenska Lantmännens Rederi AB, Stockholm, 1924 purchased from AB Ebet (K V Melin, Stockholm) renamed Sveajarl, 1935 sold to C.H. Sörensen & Sönner, Arendal, Norway renamed Velox, 1947 sold to Rederi AB Atlanta (OY Suomen Etela-Amerikan Linja, Finska sydamerikalinjen AB), Helsingfors, Finland renamed Angra, 1951 company restyled as Finska Sydamerika Linjen, 1956 sold to Oy Hacklin Holdings Co Ab (Werner Hacklin), Björneborg, Finland renamed Otto H, 1959 scrapped. 5,065
Sveajarl (2) 1941 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstad, Malmö | 9th January 1943 mined and sunk with the loss of 37 lives. 10,318
Svecia 1884 ex- Mudir built for W. Briggs & Sons Sunderland, ex- Svecia 1899, 1908 purchased from Rederi AB Fredrik, Gävle not renamed, 28th February 1928 stranded and wrecked. 558
Svensksund (1) 1948 built by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees | 1954 sold to Mac Andrew & Co., London, renamed Ponzano, 1960 transferred to United Baltic Corp. and renamed Baltic Spray, 1963 sold to Greece renamed Mangana, 1974 sold renamed Elisavet, 1978 laid up, 1979 scrapped at Eleusis. 1,349
Svensksund (2) 1957 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1973 sold to Nan Yang Shipping Co., Somalia renamed Baodi, 1976 sold to Highseas Nav Co., Panama, 1979 sold to China Ocean Shipping Co., Guangzhou renamed Hong Qi 165, 1993 deleted from Register. 2,782
Svithiod (1) 1873 built by J.&W. Dudgeons, London | 20th October 1914 sunk after collision with steamer MIMOSA, wreck later raised and scrapped. 650
Svithiod (2) 1919 built by Oskarshamns Varv, Oskarshamn | 1919 renamed Ragne, 1963 sold to Volvo, Göteborg for use as a accommodation ship, 1967 scrapped. 1,373
Svithiod (3) 1951 built by Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads Ab, Malmö | 1959 sold to Joh. Hansens Rederi A/S, Norway renamed Mette, 1964 scrapped. 10,650
Tellus 1882 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Tellus, 1908 purchased from Stockholms Ångfartygs Rederi AB not renamed, 1917 seized by Great Britain renamed Polstell, 1922 sold to Luis Llanc S & N, Santander, Spain renamed Alfredo, 29th December 1924 lost. 1,028
Thor 1873 built by J.A. Meyer, Lübeck | Sailing ship, 1884 sold to A. Andreasen & Partner, Farsund, Norway renamed Eliezer, 1889 sold to A. Nielsen & Partner, Farsund, 1891 sold to L. Andreasen & Partner, Farsund, Andreas Hannestad & Partner, Fredrikstad, 1912 foundered. n/a
Thule (1) 1849 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Thule built for Norrländska Ångfartygsbolaget (Redare Ludvig Peyron), Stockholm, 1912 purchased from Umeå Nya Ångfartygs AB (C G Moritz), Umeå not renamed, 1933 laid up, 1934 sold to AB Wilhelmina (Red AB Fredrikas ursprung), Kramfors, 1954 transferred to Svenska Cellulosa AB, Kramfors, 1965 sold to Poul Christensen, Nakskov, Denmark renamed Ernst C., 1969 scrapped. 521
Thule (2) 1930 built by Fredrikstads Mekaniske Verksted, Fredrikstad | ex- Thulin, 1935 purchased from Rederi AB Roslagen (Nordström & Thulin), Stockholm renamed Thule, 1st October 1942 torpedoed and sunk by submarine off Terschelling with the loss of 9 lives. 1,778
Tirfing 1873 built by P. Larssons Varv, Torskog | 1876 sold to Ångfartygs AB Arctic, Göteborg, 1886 sold to Axel Broström, Göteborg, 1896 sold to Svend Foyn, Tönsberg, Norway renamed Raevodden, 1899 sold to O.H. Ellingsen, Moss renamed Nora, 11.08 foundered. n/a
Titania 1897 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | ex- Titania, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygsbolaget Södra Sverige, Stockholm not renamed, 1949 sold to Cia Mar La Rosa, Panama renamed La Rosa, 28th March 1950 wrecked and scrapped. 750
Tor (1) 1911 built by Helsingørs Maskin og Skibsbyggeri, Helsingør | 1953 scrapped. 1,075
Tor (2) 1954 built by Orenstein Koppel & Lübecker Maschinenbau Ag, Lübeck | 1965 sold to Johansen & Knutsen, Norway renamed Jo-Tor, 1970 sold to Globus Shipping & Trading, Singapore, 1975 sold to United Venture Shipping, Singapore, 1977 sold to Moareffi Transport, Iran renamed United Reefer, 1980 renamed Hamid. 499
Trafik 1857 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Mariestad, ex- Trafik 1871, 1915 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Renata not renamed, 1928 laid up, 1929 scrapped. 227
Transit No 1 1854 built by Motala Verkstads Varv, Norrköping | ex- Transit No 1 built for Transitobolaget (AB Svenska Kanal Transito-Ångfarten England – Ryssland, A O Wallenberg), 1909 purchased from Ångfartygsbolaget Södra Sverige, Stockholm, 1911 sold to H Velin, Åbo, 1911 sold to Ångfartygs AB Transito renamed P. Thorvöst, 191? Sold to Åbolands Ångfartygs AB, Finland renamed Mariehamn, 1937 scrapped. 284
Tyr 1874 built by J. Bonnesens Varv, Malmö | 1888 sold to till Madsen, Jespersen, G.A. Berg & L. Larsen, Stavanger, Norway, 18th October 1902 foundered. 306
Uller 1873 built by J. Bonnesens Varv, Malmö | 1874 sold to Ångbåts AB Södra Helsingland (C.D. Nordström), Stockholm, 1880 sold to Haakon Madsen & P, Stavanger, Norway, 1889 sold to Madsen & Jespersen, Stavanger, 1909 sold to Uller AS (T. Meling), Stavanger, 22nd April 1910 foundered. 306
Urania 1899 built by Lindholmens Mekaniska Verkstad, Göteborg | ex- Erik built for Rederi AB Roslagen (Beställare C G Thulin, Stockholm), ex Urania 1905, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygs AB Södra, Sweden not renamed, 1944 sold to Rederi AB Ranja, redare Sundén – Cullberg, renamed Menja, 1944 sold to Rederi AB Tobis, Trelleborg renamed Kajsa Christensen, 1950 sold to Clover Shipping Company Ltd, Newcastle renamed Newburn, 1954 scrapped. 624
Urd 1922 built by Stettiner Oderwerke AG, Stettin | ex- Mars, 1928 purchased from A. Hansen, Flensburg, Germany renamed Urd, 1950 sold to Bernhard Sergo, Stockholm renamed Darbu, 1954 renamed Torgu, 1956 sold to Greece, 20th August 1960 struck reef and sunk. 1,184
Vale (1) 1873 built by O. Brodins Varv, Gävle | 1887 sold for scrapping, 1888 resold to Hvalfangerselskabet Haabet, Sandefjord, Norway. 596
Vale (2)   see Stockholm.  
Vega (1) 1913 built by Lindholmens Varv, Göteborg | 1940-1945 in service for Great Britain, 1945 returned to Svea, 1954 scrapped at Travemunde. 1,160
Vega (2)   see Wasaborg.  
Venersborg 1914 ex- Venersborg, 1915 purchased from Mems Rederi Ab, Mem not renamed, 1917 seized by Great Britain, 1918 returned to owners, 29th December 1944 torpedoed and sunk in Baltic with the loss of 19 lives 1,046
Vesta 1884 built by Henry Koch, Lübeck | ex- Vesta built for Ångfartygs AB Vesta, Oskarshamn, 1909 purchased from Ångfartygsbolaget Södra Sverige, Stockholm, 1935 scrapped. 549
Vesterbotten   see Nya Westerbotten.  
Vidar (1) 1873 built by O. Brodins Varv, Gävle | 1879 sold to Andersson & Lindberg, Göteborg, 1883 sold to S.M. Kuhnle, Bergen, Norway, 1889 sold to A/S Vidar (Andreas Andersen), Bergen, 1891 sold to A A Logn m.fl, Moss, 1892 damaged and scrapped. 604
Vidar (2) 1907 built by Murdoch & Murray, Port Glasgow | ex- Vidar, 1913 purchased from Wicanders Rederi AB, Stockholm not renamed, 1939 sold to Rederi AB Iris, Stockholm not renamed, 19th July 1943 mined and sunk off Terschelling. 2,323
Vineta 1913 built by Bergsunds Mekaniska Verkstad, Stockholm | ex- Vineta, 1916 purchased from Ångfartygs Ab Gotland, Visby not renamed, 26th February 1918 foundered. 719
Waria 1938 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1961 sold to Kvanerska Plovidba, Yugoslavia renamed Plavik, 1963 transferred to Jugoslavenska Linijska Plovidba, 1967 transferred to Losinjska Plovidba Oour Brodrarstvo renamed Rasa, 1980 converted into a livestock carrier, 1985 scrapped. 883
Warjo 1927 built by Helsingørs Jernskibs & Maskinbyggeri, Helsingør | 1935 lengthened, 1957 sold to Siljavarustamo, (Siljarederiet), Åbo, Finland not renamed, 1964 sold to T. Johannisson, Göteborg for scrapping but resold in 1965 to Dionyssios Philippopoulos, Piraeus, Greece renamed renamed Maria, 1966 sold to P.M. Michellepi & N.G. Kochilas, Greece same name, 1971 sold to D.J. Philippopoulos renamed Annushka, 1973 sold to G & P Konidarois, Limassol, Cyprus renamed Ioannis K, 1983 scrapped. 766
Warun 1935 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1956 stranded and damaged by fire, abandoned, wreck sold, repaired and back in service as Margit for Partrederiet för m/s Margit (H Sjösten), Göteborg, 1964 sold to Stena AB, Göteborg, 1965 sold to Levante Shipping Co., Cyprus renamed Aristides, 1979 sold to Astritis Maritime Inc., Panama renamed Riverside, 1980 arrested for smuggling, 1982 scrapped ?. 805
Wasaborg (1) 1913 built by Oskarshamns Mekaniska Verkstad, Oskarshamn | ex- Wasaborg 1915 purchased fvrom Mems Rederi AB, Mem (konsul Arthur Du Rietz) not renamed, 1917-1918 seized by Great Britain, later spelled as Vasaborg, 1956 renamed Vega, 1961 scrapped. 1,358
Wasaborg (2) 1958 built by Brodogradiliste i Tvornica Diezel Motora Split, Split | 1965 sold to Torrence Nav. Co., Monrovia, Liberia renamed Gertrud Therese, 1969 sold to Kerman Shipping Co., Panama renamed Kerman, 1977 sold to Profilia Cia De Naviera S.A. Pireaus, Greece renamed Lefteris II, 1985 sold to Planet Shipping Co, Malta renamed Planet, 1985 scrapped at Calcutta. 9,251
Werna 1937 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1963 sold to The Canal Company Ltd, Panama renamed Elvaira, 1965 sold renamed Valeria. 851
Westernorrland 1867 built by Södra Varvet, Stockholm | ex- Westernorrland built for Wester Norrlands Ångbåtsbolag, Sundsvall, 1912 purchased from Alfred Gyllenkrok, Stockholm not renamed, 1921 rebuilt, 1939 sold to Germany for scrapping but used instead as an accommodation ship, 1949 out of Register. 545
Wirgo 1930 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 5th February 1940 bombed by Russian aircraft, 6th February 1940 sunk, raised repaired by Neptunbolaget renamed Ajax, 1942 sold to Rederi Ab Svenska Lloyd, Göteborg renamed Bothnia, 1960 sold to Skrot & Avfallsprodukter, Göteborg for scrapping renamed Ajax, resold to Michail Pyliaros & Co., Greece renamed Mando, 30th August 1967 foundered. 657
Wiril 1938 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1961 sold to Kvanerska Plovidba, Yugoslavia renamed Platak, 1963 transferred to Jugoslavenska Linijska Plovidba, 1967 transferred to Losinjska Plovidba Oour Brodrarstvo renamed Beli, 1980 scrapped. 879
Wiros 1937 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1959 sold to Partenreederi m/s Koralle, Germany renamed Koralle, 1967 sold to Nova Salvage & Ship Breaking Ltd., Canada, 1983 scrapped. 852
Wormo 1935 built by Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona | 1963 sold to Hellenic Cypriot Shipping Co., Greece renamed Fotis, 9th January 1968 stranded of Marmara Island and wrecked. 805
Ymer (1) 1896 built by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow | ex- Ymer, 1913 purchased from Wicanders Rederi Ab, Stockholm not renamed, 1915 sold to Rederi AB Transatlantic, Göteborg renamed Bolmen, 1921 transferred to August Bolten, Wm. Miller's Nachfolger, Hamburg renamed Aladin, 1923 reverted to Rederi AB Transatlantic renamed Bolmen, 1926 scrapped at Inverkeithing. 3,505
Ymer (2) 1922 built by J. Meijer's Scheepsbouw, Leeuwen | 19th June 1923 on voyage Dunston to Newcastle stranded and lost. 1,552
    Scheepvaart Maatschappij Svea  
Vessel Built Years in Service Tons
Ask 1960 built by Scheepswerf De Waal, Zaltbommel | 1969 sold to L. Davids not renamed, 1977 sold to Erinos Navigation Co., Ltd, Limassol, Cyprus renamed Stavros H, 1981 sold to Sealike Navigation Ltd, Limassol renamed Athlos III, 1983 Octavius Shipping Co., Ltd, Limassol not renamed, 1984 renamed Jamal B, 1985 renamed Frixos II, 1986 sold to Faiza Cia, Naviera S, de R.L. San Lorenzo, Honduras renamed Alaati Allah, 1987 sold to Intermed Maritime Co., Ltd, San Lorenzo, Honduras not renamed, 1993 sold to Mohamad Abdelsalam Ossman (Fayza Comp, SA), Tartous, Syria renamed Allat Allah. 499
Birka 1969 built by Scheepswerf & Machinefabriek De Biesbosch, Dordrecht | 1976 rebuilt 1,225 brt, 1982 sold to Central Shipping Corp, Manilla renamed Central Luzon, 1989 sold to Combros Shipping Corporation, Manilla renamed Tara 1. 1,130
Brage 1970 built by Scheepswerf & Machinefabriek De Biesbosch, Dordrecht | 1979 sold to Partrederi M/S Mercia, Göteborg renamed Mercia, 1980 sold to Partrederi Novia, Skärhamn not renamed, 1981 sold to Avgick Odda, Norway renamed Novia, 1985 sold to Ab E Malmgrens Möbelaffär, Falkenberg renamed Anja, 1986 sold to Partrederi Rune Bengtsson, Skärhamn renamed Samo, 1986 renamed Novia, 1986 renamed Samo, 1990 renamed Scot Venture, 1990 renamed Samo, 1990 sold to Kenworth Shipping Ltd., Halden, Norway renamed Karin, 2003 sold to FFW Shipping Corp, Panama renamed Alpina. 1,130
Edda 1963 built by Arnhemsche Scheepsbouw Mij., Arnhem | 1969 lengthened 590 BRT, 1973 sold to P. Pot not renamed, 1980 sold to Youssef Mikhaez Chbeir, Beirut, Lebanon renamed La Paix, 1983 sold, 1991 rebuilt into a livestock carrier, 1992 sold renamed Berger B, 1995 renamed Sultan II, 2002 renamed Livestock Queen. 499
Embla 1961 built by Scheepswerf De Waal, Zaltbommel | 1969 sold to L. Davids not renamed, 1978 sold to Youssef Mikhaez Chbeir, Beirut, Lebanon renamed La Paix, 1978 renamed Al Salam I, 1988 sold to Société Chbeir Sarl, Jounie same name, 2003 renamed Asad Addin. 499
Fravizo 1958 built by A.D.M., Amsterdam | 1964 sold to Deutsche Seereederei, VEB, Rostock, East Germany renamed Werra, 1979 soldto Dolphin Maritime Co. Ltd., Greece renamed Despina, 1982 laid up, 1983 scrapped at Piraeus. 2,300
Gefle 1952 built by Scheepswerf De Waal, Zaltbommel | ex- Auriga built for Gebr. Niestern, ex- Myson 1952, 1954 purchased from D. Lijnzaad, Rotterdam renamed Gefle, 1966 sunk after collision in River Seine and scrapped in situ. 469
Nore 1956 built by Scheepsbouw Unie, Groningen | 1969 sold to William Coe & Co Ltd, Bridgetown, Great Britain renamed Booker Trojan, 1976 sold to St Godric´s Shipping Co. Ltd, Limassol, Cyprus renamed Caricom Adventure, 1987 sold to Windward Shipping Corp, San Lorenzo, Honduras renamed Windward Trader, 1990 sunk as artificial reef at Miami. 495
Rane 1970 built by Zaanlandsche Scheepsbouw Mij., Zaandam | ex- Belos 1970, 1970 purchased by Scheepvaart Mij. Svea renamed Rane, 1979 sold to Partrederi John Wadvik, Skärhamn-Sweden, 1980 sold to Rederi A/B Virginia, Helsingborg-Sweden (Vernia Shipping A/B) renamed Vernia, 1985 sold to Sommerwave Navigation Ltd., Limassol-Cyprus (Chr.M. Sarlis & Co.) renamed Peltainer, 1987 sold to Peltainer Shipping Co. S.A., Piraeus-Greece (Sarlis Container Services S.A.), 1988 sold to Bulk Star Shipping Ltd., Cyprus (Oy Bulk Star Line Ab, Helsingfors) renamed Trade Sky, 1991 sold toTransworld Shipping Co. Ltd., Kingstown-St. Vincent & the Grenadines renamed Bisanzio, 2002 sold to Seatrans Shipping S.A.R.L., Beirut, Flag Kingstown-St. Vincent & the Grenadines, 2004 sold to Transworld Shipping Co. Ltd., Kingstown-St. Vincent & the Grenadines (Seatrans Shipping S.A.R.L), Beirut, 2006 renamed Lina K, 2007 sold to Maga Maritime Ltd., Flag St Vincent and Grenadines renamed Lady Maga. 1,130
Ring 1970 built by Astilleros Del Cadagua, Bilbao | 1979 sold to Future Shipping Ab, Göteborg, Sweden renamed Dania, 1981 sold not renamed, 1983 sold to Svenska Finans Ab Svefina, Stockholm, 1983 sold to Marilia Shipping Co, Ltd, Limassol, Cyprus renamed Atlantic Navigator, 1984 sold to Rederi Ab Sea-Link, Stockholm renamed Trade Link, 1987 sold to Bulk Star Shipping, Helsingfors, Finland renamed Trade Wind, 1991 sold to Eide Shipping Ltd. A/S, Høylandsbygd, Norway Sun Wind, 1991 sold to Prosperity International Shipping S.A., Alexandria renamed Alexandria Star, 1997 sold to Seacross Shipping Co. S.A, Cambodja renamed Seacross, 2000 soldto Hilal M. Khalifeh, Saida, Lebanon renamed Khalifeh Livestock. 1,130
Vega 1962 built by Arnhemsche Scheepsbouw Mij., Arnhem | 1972 sold to Davids Scheepvaartbedrijf not renamed, 1978 sold to Globe Shipping Co. SARL, Lebanon renamed Cedar Glory, 1980 sold to Marcelo Castro Rial, Corcubion, Spain renamed Playa de Ezaro, 1992 sold to Palatial Shipping Corp, Panama renamed Plaltial II, 1995 laid up, 2002 scrapped at Vigo. 590
Vesta 1955 built by Ferus Smit, Foxhol | 1969 sold to Ivan Ulsund Rederi, Namsos, Norway renamed Grinna, 1973 sold to Erik Eriksen, Haugesund renamed Damsanes, 1974 sold to Vlachodimitropoulos, Greece renamed Zetina, 1974 sold to Petronaus SA renamed Chara, 1976 sold to Victoria P. Shipping Co, Ltd renamed Tatiangela, 4th January 1974 foundered after fire in Red Sea. 420
    Rederij Holda  
Vessel Built Years in Service Tons
Staffan   see Staffan.  
    Rederij Odin  
Vessel Built Years in Service Tons
Stella 1965 built by Finnboda Varf Ab, Nacka | 1972 sold to Spliethoff, Amsterdam renamed Strijbeek, 1977 sold to Pontia Cia Navigation, Greece renamed Maria P, 1983 renamed Almar, 1987 sold to Duke Ltd, Kingstown, St Vincent renamed Lady M, 1988 stranded at Bombay. 499

TheShipsList | Return to The Fleets

TheShipsList®™ - (Swiggum) All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 1997-2014
These pages may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without written consent of .
Last updated: February 02, 2008 and maintained by and M. Kohli