FIRST NAME

LAST NAME

LOCALITY

   
TheShipsList Home Page Search the Passenger Lists Search Ship Company Fleet Lists Ship Descriptions and Voyage Histories  
Find Pictures of Ships, Ports, Immigration Stations
Find Diagrams & Photographs Ships' RiggingSearch Ship Arrivals from Newspapers &c
             
 
Search Marriages at Sea, British Ships
Search Numerous Files for Famine Emigrants, 1847Find Reports & Lists of Ship Wrecks Search 1862 Lists & Shipping Information Search Immigration & Ship Related Off-site Links              
Diaries & Journals | Immigration Reports | Illustrated London News | Trivia | Frequently Asked Questions
 

The Fleets

Neptun Line / Dampfschifffahrts Gesellschaft Neptun 1873-1974 Bremen

Formed by Johann Hermann Niemann and others in 1873 the Dampfschiffahrts Gesellschaft Neptun started operations with six ships from Bremen to Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the German Baltic ports. In 1875 a service from Bremen to Rotterdam and Amsterdam was started and in 1877 a Bremen Hamburg service was begun, the company expanded rapidly and new liner services were opened to the Mediterranean, Spain and Portugal.

In the first World War DG Neptun operated only in the Baltic Area. DG Neptun started World War I with seventy-six steamships, when the war ended only fifty six ships were left.

In the years 1920, 1921 and 1922 the company started the liner service again, which had been closed down at the beginning of World War I. The first motorship the GAUSS entered the fleet in 1925. During the civil war in Spain (1936-1939) the liner service to Spain was stopped.

At the beginning of World War II, the DG Neptun fleet consisted of seventy-one ships, however, by the end of the war only thirteen ships remained. The Bremen West Sweden service was started again in 1948, followed in 1949 to Spain and Portugal. The motorship LIBELLE was the first post war new building for the fleet. By 1950 several liner services were recommenced.

DG Neptun became Sloman Neptun Schiffahrts-Aktiengesellschaft in 1974 after the Sloman Group bought a 75% holding.

Many thanks to Henk Jungerius and Ted Finch for their assistance in collecting this data. The following list was extracted from various sources. This is not an all inclusive list but should only be used as a guide. If you would like to know more about a vessel, visit the Ship Descriptions (onsite) or Immigrant Ship web site.

  • Routes:
    • Bremen-Amsterdam-Rotterdam
    • Bremen-Hamburg
    • Dunkirk- Riga
    • Bremen-Mediterranean
    • Bremen-Malmö- Riga
    • Bremen-Antwerp-Spain
    • Bremen-Danzig
    • Bremen-Portugal (1905 with OPDR)
    • Hamburg-Rotterdam-Cologne
    • Stettin-Rotterdam-Cologne
    • Cologne-Rotterdam-Danzig

Funnel & Flag:

Fleet:

Vessel Built Years in Service Tons
Achilles (1) 1895 built by Helsingor Jernskib & Maskinbyggeri, Helsingor | 1914 interned at Lisbon, 1916 seized by Portuguese Government renamed Cavado. 16 February 1917 sunk in collision off Dover. 943
Achilles (2) 1921 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | 31 December 1944 sunk after aerial attack in Flekkefjord. 998
Achilles (3) 1964 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1978 sold to W. Jasper KG, Hamburg renamed Geseke, 1986 laid up, 1987 sold to Malta renamed Energy, 1988 sold to Antigua renamed Wilowe, 1995 sold to Greece renamed Michaelia. 499
Activa 1883 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | ex- Activa, 1891 purchased from H.A. Petersen, Flensburg not renamed, 1916 sold to H. Dauelsberg, Bremen. 539
Aeolus (1) 1882 built by G. Howaldt, Kiel | ex- Holtenau built for Gebr. Lange, Neumühlen, 1904 purchased from Nord Ostsee Reederei AG, Hamburg renamed Aeolus, 1916 sold to Schleppschifffahrts Gesellschafft Unterweser, Bremen. 605
Aeolus (2) 1943 built by J. Cockerill, Hoboken | Hansa A type, 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Witham, 1948 sold to Indo China S.N. Co., Hong Kong renamed Choysang, 1961 sold to Hemisphere Shipping Co., Hong Kong renamed Milford, 1967 sold to Continental Nav. Co, Panama renamed Salamanca, 1969 scrapped at Hong Kong. 1,923
Ajax (1) 1894 built by Helsingor Jernskib & Maskinbyggeri, Helsingor | 1914 seized by Russians at Riga, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 1925 sold to Friederike Reincke, Windau. 766
Ajax (2) 1927 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 1929 rebuilt 2,297gt, 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 29 March 1943 torpedoed and sunk by Russian submarine in Kirkeness. 2,013
Ajax (3) 1964 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1976 sold to Panama renamed Slomsn Ajax1977 renamed Ajax II, 1 October 1978 sprang leak in engine room and declared total loss. 837
Alphagas 1970 built by Scheepswerf De Waal, Zaltbommel | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1980 sold to Panama. 2,127
Andromeda (1) 1910 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1914 seized by Russian Government at Riga, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 19 October 1941 wrecked in Kongsfjord. 658
Andromeda (2) 1944 built by Sölvesborg Varvs & Rederi A/S, Sölversborg | 1944-1946 interned in Sweden, 1946 sold by Swedish Government to Venezuela. 1,280
Apollo (1) 1883 built by Möller & Holberg, Stettin | 1914 to German Imperial Navy. 643
Apollo (2) 1927 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 1929 rebuilt 2,297gt, 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Taff, 1947 sold to John Bruce & Co., Glasgow renamed Alhama, 1953 scrapped at Faslane. 2,013
Apollo (3) 1957 built by Nobiskrug GmbH, Rendsburg | Built for Partenreederei MS Apollo, 1957 purchased, 1972 sold to Greece renamed Peliki, 1984 scrapped. 800
Ariadne (1) 1898 built by G. Seebeck AG, Gesstemünde | 1916-1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1945 at Kristiansand. 621
Ariadne (2) 1963 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1973 sold to Empresa Insulana de Navegacao S.A.R.L., Lisbon, Portugal renamed Joao da Nova, 1974 to Cia. Portuguesa de Transportes Maritimos S.A.R.L., 1979 to C.T.M. Portuguesa de Transportes Maritmos E.P., 1986 to Transinsular Transportes Maritmos Insulares S.A.R.L. renamed Manuel de Arriaga, 1989 sold to Panama, 1989 sold to Kingstown renamed Nile 1, 1898 renamed Amina Star, 1986 laid up, 1993 sold and converted into a livestock carrier renamed Hamadeh IV, 1997 sold same name. 1,165
Arion (1) 1874 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1875 rebuilt 271gt, 1896 rebuilt 290 gt, 1916 sold to D.F. Schröck, Hamburg. 178
Arion (2) 1927 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 1929 rebuilt 2,297gt, 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 11 March 1945 damaged by aerial raid at Hamburg, 1947 parts salvaged, 1950 repaired rebuilt into a combi motorship (motor and steam engine) 2,400gt, 1957 motor removed, 1960 sold to Lovisa Rederi A/B, Lovisa. 2,013
Arion (3) 1965 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1978 sold to Egon Holst, Hamburg not renamed, 1979 sold to S. Schorn, Lübeck, 1983 sold to Panama renamed Darion, 7 June 1983 sunk after collision. 499
Astarte (1) 1897 built by R. Craggs & Son, Middlesbrough | ex- Suomi, 1903 purchased from Flensburg Stettiner Dampfschifffahrt Gesellschafft, Flensburg renamed Astarte, 1940 sold to W. Peters, Hamburg. 633
Astarte (2) 1964 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1978 sold to Italy not renamed, 1991 sold to Honduras renamed Amina Moon, 1993 laid up, 1995 sold to Saudi Arabia. 499
Atlas (1) 1896 built by Helsingor Jernskib & Maskinbyggeri, Helsingor | 1914 seized by Russians at Novorossisk, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 1926 sold to Societe Commericiale d’Armement, Algiers. 969
Atlas (2) 1927 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 1929 rebuilt 2,297gt, 1941 in service for Kriegsmarine, 3 April 1942 torpedoed and sunk by British submarine off Bengazi. 2,013
Bacchus 1910 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1941 to Kriegsmarine converted into a survey ship renamed Gauss, 1945 reverted to DG Neptun, 1954 scrapped at Emden. 658
Bellona (1) 1900 built by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow | Launched for Carmichael, Maclean & Co., Greenock, completed for DG Neptun, 1914 seized by Belgium Government, 1914 reverted to DG Neptun, 1920 allocated to Great Britain. 1921 renamed Glenville for Calvert SS Co., Goole. 1,055
Bellona (2) 1929 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | 1941 in service for Kriegsmarine, 8 April 1942 torpedoed and sunk by British submarine off Tobruk. 1,297
Bellona (3) 1950 built by Bremer Vulkan AG, Vegesack | 1972 sold to Panama. 1,389
Bessel (1) 1880 built by Blohm & Voss AG, Hamburg | 29 October 1884 sunk in Northsea. 537
Bessel (2) 1925 built by AG Weser, Bremen | ex- Sorrento built for Rob. M. Sloman Jr., Hamburg, ex- Bessel, 1928 purchased from Otwi Werke GmbH, Bremen, 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Coniston, 1946 allocated to Danish Government, 1947 sold to Ove Skou renamed Birgitte Skou, 1959 sold to M.Martini, Italy renamed N. Martini, 1961 renamed Nicolo Martini, 1973 scrapped at Vado after grounding damage. 1,878
Betagas 1971 built by Scheepswerf De Waal, Zaltbommel | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1979 sold to Hanseatic Shipping Co., Curacao, 1980 sold renamed Amelia. 2,127
Bremen 1878 built by Rostocker AG, Rostock | 7 March 1883 wrecked in Strait of Messina. 893
Brillant 1952 built by AG Weser Werk Seebeck, Bremerhaven | Built for Hanseat Reederei GmbH, Bremen, 1953 bare boat charter to DG Neptun, 1956 purchased by DG Neptun, 1959 sold to Obalna Plovidba Sibinik, Sibinik, Yugoslavia renamed Novigrad, 1967 sold to Italy renamed Nicolino L, 1992/93 deleted from Lloyd’s Register. 786
C.A. Bade 1888 built by Sunderland Shipbuilding Co., Sunderland | 1909 sold to J. Constant, London 560
Castor (1) 1896 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 18/19 August 1944 sunk after aerial attack at Bremen. 519
Castor (2) 1952 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Wesermünde | 1969 renamed Sloman Algier, 1972 sold to Panama not renamed, 1977 sold renamed Irini P, 1980 sold renamed Bhoja Mariner, 1988 scrapped. 1,157
Ceres (1) 1874 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1911 scrapped. 628
Ceres (2) 1911 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1914 seized by Russian Government at Riga, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 4 January 1935 sunk after collision off Hook van Holland. 660
Ceres (3) 1936 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Wesermünde | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1941 renamed Sperrbrecher 69, later Sperrbrecher 169, 19 November 1942 mined and sunk off Norderney. 1,078
Ceres (4) 1953 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 17 December 1962 sunk after collision. 298
Cupido
1881 built by G. Howaldt, Kiel | ex- Angeln built for Gebr. Lange, Neumühlen, 1904 purchased from Nord Ostsee Reederei AG, Hamburg renamed Cupido, 1914 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1916 sold to Schleppschifffahrts Gesellschafft Unterweser, Bremen. 591
Delia (1) 1907 built by Wood, Skinner & Co., Newcastle | 1914 seized by Belgian Government, 1914 reverted to DG Neptun, 1921 ceded to Great Britain allocated to Anglo-Portuguese SS Co., London. 1,267
Delia (2) 1929 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 25 August 1944 bombed and sunk off Brest. 1,297
Delia (3) 1951 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1971 sold to Panama renamed Sicbaltic, 1973 renamed Robin, 1974 sold renamed Ruben, 4 December 1976 stranded and declared total loss, wreck later scrapped. 1,385
Delphin 1871 built by A.C. Möller, Gotenborg | Built for J.H. & C. Niemann, 1873 transferred to DG Neptun, 12 January 1874 stranded off Ameland and lost. 405
Diamant 1952 built by AG Weser Werk Seebeck, Bremerhaven | Built for Hanseat Reederei GmbH, Bremen, 1953 bare boat charter to DG Neptun, 1964 purchased by DG Neptun, 1970 sold to Trans Sea Shipping Co., Panama renamed Apollo II, 1982 renamed Condor, 1994/95 deleted from Lloyd’s Register. 786
Diana (1) 1872 built by AG Weser, Bremen | Built for J.H. & C. Niemann, 1873 transferred to DG Neptun, 1884 rebuilt 372gt, 16 March 1900 sunk off Bornholm. 299
Diana (2) 1901 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1914 seized by Russian Government, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 1954 sold to Cerrahogullari Umumi Nakliyat Vapurculuk ve Ticaret T.A.S., Instanbul. 516
Egeria 1898 built by Bremer Vulkan, Vegesack | 1916-1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 20 March 1945 sunk after aerial attack at Hamburg, wreck later scrapped. 627
Electra (1) 1899 built by Grangemouth Dockyard, Grangemouth | 1914 interned At Lisbon, 1916 seized by Portuguese Government renamed Cascais, 17 December 1916 torpedoed and sunk by UC.18 off Ile d’Oleron. 837
Electra (2) 1919 built by Nobiskrug GmbH, Rendsburg | ex- Ella built for Röchling, Menzell & Co., Flensburg, ex- Douro, 1927 purchased renamed Electra, 11 March 1945 sunk after being bombed at Hamburg. 654
Electra (3) 1952 built by AG Weser Werk Seebeck, Bremerhaven | ex- Estetal built for Partenreederei MS Estetal, 1957 purchased renamed Electra, 1959 sold to J.A. Reinecke, Hamburg, 1960 sold to Obalna Plovidba Sibinik, Sibinik, Yugoslavia renamed Biograd, 1965 sold same name, 1968 sold to Italy renamed Ursa, 1969 sold renamed Eridanus, 1976 sold to Panama, 1981 sold renamed Athina II, 1986/1987 scrapped. 785
Elin 1903 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1952 sold to Maschinenfabrik Alfred Hagelstein, Travemünde. 596
Elise 1928 built by Cia. Euskalduna Constr., Bilbao | ex- Ayala Mendi, 1936 purchased from Aznar SA Naviera, Spain later renamed Elise, 1938 sold to Hisma Ltda, Garranza & Bernhardt, Sevilla renamed Ayala Mendi, 1939 renamed Mount Ayala. 2,531
Euler 1925 built by AG Weser, Bremen | ex- Amalfi built for Rob. M. Sloman Jr., Hamburg, 1928 purchased from Otwi Werke GmbH, Bremen renamed Euler, 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 14 October 1940 mined and sunk near St. Nazaire. 1,879
Fauna (1) 1949 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | Launched in 1939, to Kriegsmarine and completed as Sperrbrecher 152, 18/19 August 1944 sunk after being bombed in Bremen, 1946 raised repaired, rebuilt and in service for DG Neptun in 1950, 1962 sold to Greece. 1,248
Fauna (2) 1966 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1978 sold to Cyprus not renamed, 1982 laid up, 1985 sold to Sacon Navigation, Cyprus renamed Erica II, 24 March 1986 capsized and sank in heavy weather. 846
Feronia (1) 1899 built by W. Harkness & Son, Middlesbrough | Launched for Pile & Co. Steamship Contractors, completed for DG Neptun, 1914 seized by Belgium Government, 1921 renamed Yvonne for L. Hermans, Bruges. 12 June 1940 mined and sunk off Goodwins. 700
Feronia (2) 1919 built by Nobiskrug GmbH, Rendsburg | ex- Hans built for Röchling, Menzell & Co., Flensburg, ex- Tejo, 1927 purchased renamed Feronia, 1956 sold to Pohl & Jozwiak Poljo Reederei, Hamburg. 651
Flora (1) 1891 built by Eriksberg MV., Eriksberg | 1895 lengthened to 343gt, 1938 sold to L.F. Mathies & Co., Hamburg. 287
Flora (2) 1940 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine later renamed Sperrbrecher 68, later Sperrbrecher 168, 25 August 1944 scuttled by own crew at St. Nazaire. 1,248
Flora (3)   see Medea.  
Flora (4) 1966 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1979 converted into a hospital ship for German Red Cross, 1990 rebuilt into a cargo ship, 1992 sold renamed Flora 1, 1995 sold to Honduras renamed Sun Flora. 846
Fortuna (1) 1893 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1952 scrapped at Düsseldorf. 520
Fortuna (2) 1966 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1978 sold to Cyprus renamed Fortuna 1, 1986 sold to Lebanon renamed Al Khaled II, 1988 sold renamed Tweit IV, 1997 sold renamed S. Queen. 869
Gammagas 1972 built by Jos L. Meyer GmbH & Co., Papenburg | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1981 sold to Panama. 4,278
Gauss (1) 1883 built by Möller & Holberg, Stettin | 1915 sold to German Imperial Navy renamed Teka. 416
Gauss (2) 1925 built by Deutsche Werke AG, Kiel | 1941 in service for Kriegsmarine renamed Sperrbrecher 178, 12 December 1942 sunk by British warships near Le Treport. 1,236
Gazelle 1951 built by Hugo Peters, Wewelsfleth | 1957 sold to Luigi Rolandi, Savona, Italy renamed Gazella, 1960 sold to G. Zuini, Savona renamed S. Antioco, 1967 sold same name, 1975 sold, 1991 deleted from Lloyd’s Register. 487
H.A. Nolze 1893 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | 1940 sold to H. Peters, Hamburg renamed Martha Peters 17 January 1945 sunk after aerial attack at Hamburg, wreck later raised and scrapped. 740
H.F. Ulrichs 1873 built by H.F. Ulrichs, Vegesack | ex- H.F. Ulrichs, 1874 purchased from H.F. Ulrichs not renamed, 12 November 1879 stranded of Terschelling and lost. 512
Hector (1) 1890 built by Bonn & Mees, Rotterdam | ex- Doelwijk built for Wm. Ruys & Zoonen, Rotterdam, 1897 abandoned at sea, salvaged and sold to Great Britain resold to DG Neptun renamed Hector, 1940 sold to John Helmsing, Danzig renamed Elisabeth, 1945 sold not renamed, 1953 scrapped at Hamburg. 872
Hector (2) 1950 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | 1960 sold to Yugoslavia. 2,500
Hector (3) 1963 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | 1972 sold to Panama renamed Molan, 28 May 1974 sank after collision. 1,203
Helios (1) 1898 built by Wood, Skinner & Co., Newcastle | 1901 lengthened to 797gt, 1925 sold to J. Lilja, Helsingborg. 694
Helios (2) 1929 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 1941 again to Kriegsmarine, 1942 reverted to DG Neptun, 1944 sunk by air attack at Stettin, 1948 scrapped. 2,883
Helios (3) 1951 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | 1970 sold to Cyprus. 2,474
Hercules (1) 1888 built by Henry Koch, Lübeck | 18 October 1889 sunk off coast of Portugal. 594
Hercules (2) 1903 built by J. C. Tecklenborg A.G., Geestemünde | 1914 Interned at Santander, 1919 delivered to France, 1921 renamed Tordis. 1,255
Hercules (3) 1929 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 1941 again to Kriegsmarine, 1942 reverted to DG Neptun, 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Dovey, 1946 to the USSR renamed Kirovograd, 1968 scrapped in West Germany. 2,883
Hercules (4) 1951 built by AG Weser Werk Seebeck, Bremerhaven | 1960 sold to Yugoslavia. 2,522
Hercules (5) 1965 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | 1972 sold to S. Mökster, Stavanger, Norway renamed Neptun Hercules, 1974 renamed Anglian, 1975 renamed Neptun Hercules, 1980 sold to Greece renamed Tatai, 1982 laid up, 1983 sold to Panama renamed Unity III, 1985 sold same name, 1985 sold renamed Strega, 1987 sold to Kingstown renamed Al Quasim, 1988 scrapped at Gadani Beach. 1,174
Hermes (1) 1899 built by Ailsa Shipbuilding Co., Troon | 1914 seized by Belgium Government, 1914 reverted to DG Neptun, 1920 allocated to Great Britain. 1921 renamed Glendoon for Calvert SS Co., Goole. 1,180
Hermes (2) 1929 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 12 May 1937 sunk after collision with s/s LIPPE in River Weser. 2,833
Hero (1) 1883 built by Henry Koch, Lübeck | 1916 struck submerged wreck, beached and declared total loss. 563
Hero (2) 1924 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | 1945 allocated to Norway renamed Eidenes, 1946 transferred to U.S.S.R renamed Barnaul. 989
Hestia (1) 1907 built by Wood, Skinner & Co., Newcastle | 1920 sold to Deutsch Australische DG, Hamburg renamed Hamm, 1925 sold to E. Russ, Hamburg renamed Fohr, 1936 sold to A. Lauro renamed Aprilia, 1943 seized by the Germans renamed Agathe, 1944 sunk after aerial bombardment. 1,245
Hestia (2) 1929 built by Deschimag Werk AG Weser, Bremen | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 1941 again to Kriegsmarine, 1945 allocated to Great Britain, 1945 to Dutch Government renamed Margaret, 1946 to the USSR renamed Kishiniv. 2,883
Hestia (3) 1951 built by AG Weser Werk Seebeck, Bremerhaven | 1970 sold to Cyprus. 2,550
Irene 1911 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 -1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1937 lengthened 761gt, 24 July 1943 sunk at Heron, later salvaged, 1946 allocated to Norway. 660
Iris (1) 1890 built by Eriksberg MV., Eriksberg | 1895 lengthened to 353gt, 1927 sold to J. Ick, Hamburg not renamed, 1927 sold to A. Zedler, Elbing, 18 June 1933 sunk near Sassnitz. 293
Iris (2) 1936 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Wesermünde | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine renamed Sperrbrecher 61, later Sperrbrecher 161, 4 July 1942 mined and sunk off Schiermonnikoog. 1,078
Iris (3) 1953 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1966 sold to Rederi A.N. Svarrer, Esbjerg, Denmark renamed Marilene, 1970 sold to G. Bakke, Norway renamed Audtun, 1972 sold renamed Moholmen, 1973 sold renamed Hidrafjord, 1976 sold renamed Bogtind. 299
J.H. Niemann 1878 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | 4 August 1889 stranded off Hindo and wrecked. 994
Jason (1) 1890 built by Eriksberg MV., Eriksberg | 1893 lengthened to 353gt, 1918 sold to Globus Reederei, Bremen and renamed Gerwin, 7 November 1921 sunk in storm after striking submerged wreckage. 292
Jason (2) 1936 built by F. Schickau AG, Königsberg | 16 July 1940 mined and sunk near Dragör, salvaged and repaired, 1941 in service for Kriegsmarine renamed Sperrbrecher 171, 20 February 1942 mined and sunk off Calais. 1,025
Jason (3) 1954 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1966 converted into a seismic survey ship, 1973 sold to Cyprus, 1976 sold renamed Minos, 1977 sold renamed Christos M, 1984 sold to Honduras renamed Buena Suerta, 1986 renamed Lela, 1989 renamed Silvana, 1990 scrapped at Aliaga. 1,160
Juno (1)
1873 built by W. Lindsay, Newcastle on Tyne | April 1874 stranded and lost. 434
Juno (2) 1902 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1954 sold to Mehmet Tahsin Cerrahagullari, Istanbul. 558
Jupiter (1)
1872 built by AG Weser, Bremen | Built for J.H. & C. Niemann, 1873 transferred to DG Neptun, 27 February 1895 stranded in Weser estuary and lost. 393
Jupiter (2) 1901 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1954 scrapped at Hamburg. 560
Kalliope (1) 1914 built by Antwerp Engineering Co., Hoboken | 1914 seized by Belgium Government, 1914 reverted to DG Neptun, 1921 allocated to Great Britain, allocated to H. Harrison, London renamed Agnes Harrison. 1,434
Kalliope (2) 1944 built by Koninklijke Mij. De Schelde, Vlissingen | Hansa A type, 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Garrison, 1947 sold to Ulster SS Co. (G.Heyn & Sons) renamed Bengore Head, 1967 sold to Greece, renamed Aghios Nectarios, 1972 sold to Cyprus same name, 1974 scrapped. 1,923
Kepler (1) 1883 built by Möller & Holberg, Stettin | 24 April 1886 wrecked near Quessant. 415
Kepler (2) 1925 built by Deutsche Werke AG, Kiel | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 1946 allocated to the USSR renamed Venta. 1,236
Klio (1) 1906 built by Mackay Bros, Alloa | Launched for Shipping Investment Ltd. Steamship Contractors, London, completed for DG Neptun, 1914 interned at Huelva, 1919 delivered to the Entente. 1,363
Klio (2) 1924 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Conclyde, 1946 to the USSR renamed Shota Rustavelli. 1,422
Kronos (1) 1897 built by Sunderland Shipbuilding Co., Sunderland | 1921 sold to F. L. Nimtz, Stettin not renamed, 17 November 1923 stranded and lost at the Island Osel. 872
Kronos (2) 1925 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | 24 April 1945 mined and sunk in Westfjord. 1,406
Latona (1) 1905 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 4 January 1915 mined and sunk in Baltic Sea. 649
Latona (2) 1902 built by Wigham, Richardson & Co., Newcastle upon Tyne | ex- Soneck, 1932 purchased from Deutsche Dampf. Gesellschaft Hansa renamed Latona, 1935 reverted to DDG Hansa renamed Soneck, 1936 sold to Kriegsmarine renamed Strahl, 1945 ceded to Great Britain, 1949 sold for scrap, sunk to breakers yard under tow. 1,121
Latona (3) 1937 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Wesermünde | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1941 renamed Nautik, 1948 reverted to DG Neptun renamed Latona, 1962 scrapped at Lübeck. 1,126
Leander (1) 1883 built by Henry Koch, Lübeck | 1917 sold to Globus Reederei, Bremen and later renamed Gerrat, 1922 sold to Leonhardt & Blumberg, Hamburg, 1923 renamed Eberhardt, 1926 sold to Reederei J. Ick, Hamburg, 1928 sold to L. & C. Podesta, Genoa renamed Sandrina Podesta, 1931 sold to SA Naviera, 1931 stranded and 1932 scrapped. 569
Leander (2) 1925 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | 10 November 1939 captured by British warship renamed Empire Crusader. 989
Leda 1904 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1952 sold to Maschinenfabrik Alfred Hagelstein, Travemünde. 594
LIbelle 1949 built by Heinreich Brand, Oldenburg | 1954 sold to Ivers & Arlt, Bremen renamed Hugo Arlt, 1959 sold to S.L.A. Chettiar, Madras, India renamed Maha Lakshmi, 1967 sold same name, 1968 scrapped. 319
Luna (1) 1892 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1937 sold to Treuhand Beratung AG, Hamburg. 475
Luna (2) 1939 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Wesermünde | 1941 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Concave, 1946 to Norwegian Government renamed Galtnes, 1947 sold to T.Lykke, Norway renamed Ila, 1952 sold to L.Figueiredo Nav.Ltd, Brazil renamed Sao Leopoldo, 1965 sold to Casimiro Filho Industria Comercio, Brazil renamed Mironave, 1982 Petrosul, Brazil. 1,125
Mars 1939 built by Deschimag Werk Seebeck, Wesermünde | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1940 reverted to DG Neptun, 1942 again to Kriegsmarine, 1945 allocated to Great Britain renamed Empire Forth, 1946 to the USSR renamed Equator, 1949 in service as trainingsship renamed Vityaz, 1982 preserved at Leningrad. 2,469
Medea 1937 built by Neptunwerft GmbH, Rostock | 1939 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1 May 1944 struck mine and broke in two, 1951 both parts raised repaired and in service for Visurgis Schiffahrtsgesellschaft, Bremen, 1954 repurchased renamed Flora, 1963 sold to T. Theofilopoulos, J. Katsipis & J. Pelvandis, Pireaus, Greece. 1,246
Mercur (1) 1870 built by A.C. Möller, Gotenborg | Built for J.H. & C. Niemann, 1873 transferred to DG Neptun, 1880 rebuilt 464gt, 1890 modernised 553gt, 1911 scrapped 420
Mercur (2) 1912 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 -1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1937 lengthened 758gt, 1954 scrapped at Düsseldorf. 662
Minerva (1) 1874 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 25 December 1877 wrecked off Klitmoller, Jutland. 628
Minerva (2) 1903 built by J. C. Tecklenborg A.G., Geestemünde | 1914 seized by Russian Government, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 1920 allocated to Great Britain. 1920 transferred to Belgium, 1922 renamed Yser. 1,256
Minerva (3) 1939 built by Bremer Vulkan AG, Bremen | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine renamed Sperrbrecher 13, 1948 to OMGUS (Office of the Military Government of the United States) renamed U.S. 15, 1954 reverted to DG Neptun, 1967 sold to Salamis Maritime Company, Nicosia. 2,446
Minerva (4) 1970 built by Bremer Vulkan AG, Vegesack | 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1980 sold to Panama. 6,516
Minos (1) 1892 built by Naval Works Co., Southampton | ex- Albis, 1898 purchased from DS AG Albis renamed Minos, 19 — 1913 sunk after collision off Bornholm. 692
Minos (2) 1913 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 -1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1937 sold to Bismarck Linie, Hamburg. 718
Minos (3) 1939 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Wesermünde | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine renamed Minna, later Nordstern, 6 October 1944 torpedoed and sunk by Russian submarine near Memel. 1,127
Najade (1) 1910 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 -1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 12 March 1933 wrecked off Almargrund Light Vessel. 659
Najade (2) 1937 built by Neptunwerft GmbH, Rostock | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1948 allocated to Belgium. 1,246
Najade (3) 1961 built by Blohm & Voss AG, Hamburg | 1972 sold to Hanseatic Shipping Co. N.V., Curacao not renamed, 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1977 sold to Cyprus not renamed, 1981 sold renamed Dalia D, 1982 sold renamed Orbit, 1986 sold renamed Topor I, 1987 scrapped at Chittagong. 3,249
Neptun (1) 1870 built by W. Lindbergs A/B, Stockholm | Built for J.H. & C. Niemann, 1873 transferred to DG Neptun, 1911 scrapped. 252
Neptun (2) 1912 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 -1919 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1936 lengthened 727gt, 29 December 1939 wrecked off Skalle Riff. 659
Neptun (3) 1952 built by AG Weser Werk Seebeck, Bremerhaven | 1970 sold to Liberia and chartered back for three years. 2,798
Nereus (1) 1905 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1954 scrapped at Hamburg. 648
Nereus (2) 1961 built by Bremer Vulkan AG, Vegesack | 1972 sold to Hanseatic Shipping Co. N.V., Curacao not renamed, 1974 transferred to Sloman Neptun, 1976 sold to Cyprus renamed Athens Sea, 1981 laid up, 1984 sold renamed Milos I, 1985 scrapped at Gadani Beach. 3,087
Nestor (1)
1894 built by Grangemouth Dockyard, Grangemouth | ex- Westfalen, 1898 purchased from J. Stadlander, Geestemünde renamed Nestor, 23 December 1908 wrecked off Oporto. 1,227
Nestor (2) 1912 built by Mackay Bros, Alloa | 1914 interned at Sevilla, 1919 delivered to the France, 1921 renamed Moncousu. 1,420
Nestor (3) 1939 built by Bremer Vulkan AG, Bremen | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine later renamed Sperrbrecher 21, 14 June 1943 mined and sunk in Gironde Estuary. 2,446
Nestor (4) 1953 built by AG Weser Werk Seebeck, Bremerhaven | 1970 sold to Liberia and chartered back for three years. 4,169
Niobe 1909 built by J. C. Tecklenborg A.G., Geestemünde | 1939 lengthened to 754gt, 1954 scrapped at Hamburg-Moorburg. 658
Nixe 1910 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1922 rebuilt 700gt, 1947 rebuilt to passenger ship 747gt, 1949 converted into a cargo ship 716gt, 14 October 1957 wrecked after collision in Nord Ostsee Kanal. 660
Nordstern 1882 built by Möller & Holberg, Stettin | 13 January 1888 stranded at Start Point and wrecked. 421
Norma 1874 built by W. Lindsay, Newcastle on Tyne | 13 September 1874 stranded and lost off Gotland. 671
Olbers (1) 1880 built by Blohm & Voss AG, Hamburg | 27 April 1882 sunk in Northsea. 528
Olbers (2) 1925 built by Deutsche Werke AG, Kiel | 1941 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1941 reverted to DG Neptun, 10.8.1944 damaged after aerial attack at Bremen, 1949 repaired and rebuilt 1,303gt, 1957 sold to Sardachmica SpA., Cagliari renamed Barbara B. 1,236
Orest 1906 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 18/19 August 1944 damaged by fire after bombardment at Bremen, not in service anymore. 652
Pallas (1) 1883 built by Möller & Holberg, Stettin | 28 March 1898 sunk in North Sea. 642
Pallas (2) 1904 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 3 May 1945 sunk by aerial attack off Langesund. 627
Pallas (3) 1955 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | 1968 sold to Madam Dolly Seah, Singapore renamed Cherry Chantek, 1968 sold renamed Kion Seng No.4, 1977 sold renamed Maritime No.1, 21 March 1989 sunk in collision, wreck scrapped. 498
Pan 1944 built by Ateliers & Chantiers de France, Blainville | Tanker ex- Hansa, 1944 ordered by Kriegsmarine, completed as Sainte Genevieve converted into a wine tanker, 1953 to DG Neptun renamed Pan, 1961 sold to Majunga. 648
Pax (1) 1893 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 in service for German Imperial Navy, 8 April 1945 bombed and sunk at Hamburg. 520
Pax (2) 1958 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 29 July 1963 capsized and sank off Norway. 499
Perikles 1957 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | Built for Partenreederei MS Perikles, 1957 purchased, 1958 sold to Harald Winter, Hamburg renamed Heide Catrin, 1973 sold to Marocco renamed Khair Eddin, 1974 sold to Somalia renamed Beychevelle, 1986 scrapped at Vigo. 496
Perseus (1) 1910 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 14 December 1944 mined and sunk off Moss. 658
Perseus (2) 1957 built by Erste Donau Dampfschiffahrtsgesellschaft Schiffswerft Korneuburg, Korneuburg | 1972 sold to Greece renamed Pelka, 1983 sold to Honduras renamed Maria Dolores, 1984 sold renamed Capetan Alekos, 1990 sold renamed Lady O, 1993 sold renamed Carla, 1996 sold to Delta Shipping, Belize renamed Haidar IV. 499
Phadra
1898 built by G. Seebeck AG, Gesstemünde | 1914 seized by Russians at Riga renamed Bolid, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun as Phadra, 15 January 1940 captured by British warships renamed Empire Sentinel, 1943 wreck disposal ship renamed HMS Rampant, 1947 sold to Wizard Shipping Co, London renamed Yiaghos, 1948 arrested by court order for unpaid debts renamed Empire Sentinel, 1948 sold to De Malglave Shipping Co. renamed Raymond Olivier, 1951 sold to Costa Rican Nav.Co, Honduras.(Comp. Italiana Commerciale Maritime, Italy), 1955 sold to Costa Rican Nav.Co (Framar SpA Italy) renamed Maria Paolina, 1960 scrapped at Vado, Italy. 619
Phoebus 1910 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1954 scrapped at Hamburg. 657
Planet 1881 built by Rostocker AG, Rostock | 1897/98 rebuilt 724gt, 1914 interned at Bilbao, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 1918 sold to H. Schacht, Altona. 696
Pluto (1) 1905 built by J. C. Tecklenborg A.G., Geestemünde | 1914 interned at Lisbon, 1916 seized by Portuguese Government Portugal renamed Sado, 1927 sold to Sociedade Geral de Comercio, Industria e Transportes renamed Alferrarede, 1961 sold to Soc. de Fainas, Lisbon renamed Joao Diogo. 8 January 1963 wrecked near Peniche, Portugal. 1,408
Pluto (2) 1925 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | 1944 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1945 reverted to DG Neptun, 1945 allocated to Great Britain. 1947 transferred to Greece renamed Evros. 1,406
Pluto (3) 1957 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | Built for Partenreederei MS Pluto, 1963 purchased, 1970 sold to Panama not renamed, 1977 sold renamed Samaru, 1990 sold to Honduras renamed Trinity I, 199? sold renamed St. Pierre. 496
Pollux (1) 1896 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 23 November 1941 mined and sunk near Memel. 518
Pollux (2) 1953 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1966 converted into a seismic survey ship, 1973 sold to Panama, 1975 renamed Oriental Surveyor, 1977 laid up, 1983 scrapped at Hong Kong. 1,161
Priamus (1) 1911 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1914 seized by Russian Government at Riga, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 1938 lengthened 760gt, 27 March 1945 sunk by aerial torpedo’s off Kristansand. 661
Priamus (2) 1955 built by Fr. Lürssen, Vegesack | 1972 sold to G. Vamvounis, Greece renamed Antigoni, 1980 sold same name, 11 June 1980 stranded and declared total loss. 498
Proteus 1957 built by Erste Donau Dampfschiffahrtsgesellschaft Schiffswerft Korneuburg, Korneuburg | 1971 sold to Panama not renamed, 1987 scuttled off Miami. 499
Pylades (1) 1906 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 11 March 1945 sunk after being bombed at Hamburg, salvaged repaired and returned in service as a motorship in 1950, 1962 sold to Fa. Fragisko & Vasilios D. Kokos, Hydra, Greece. 651
Pylades (2) 1952 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | ex- Eifel built for Übersee Reederei, Bremen, 1963 purchased from Reederei Eifel renamed Pylades, 1971 sold to Greece renamed Myrto, 1973 sold to Cyprus renamed Santa Marina, 1975 sold renamed Evoikos, 1980 sold renamed Oguy, 9 January 1981 stranded in heavy weather and lost. 1,149
Rhea 1892 built by Henry Koch, Lübeck | 1940 sold to A. Zedler, Elbing. 508
Roland 1879 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | 21 February 1882 wrecked off Terschelling. 528
Saturn (1) 1891 built by Henry Koch, Lübeck | 1916-1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 28 December 1921 stranded off Mellumplate and lost. 478
Saturn (2) 1905 built by Flensburger Schiffsbau Gesellschaft, Flensburg | ex- Florenz built for Rob. M. Sloman Jr., Hamburg, ex- Rolandseck 1921, 1932 purchased from Deutsche Dampf. Gesellschaft Hansa renamed Saturn, 1937 sold to Fairplay Schleppdampfschiffs Reederei Richard Borchard, Hamburg renamed Lucy Borchardt, 1939 used as depot ship, 1951 scrapped as Lucy. 1,843
Sirius (1)
1889 built by Blyth Shipbuilding & Drydocks Co. Ltd., Blyth | 1897 lengthened to 741gt, 1918 sold to H. Schacht, Altona. 638
Sirius (2) 1921 built by Atlas Werke AG, Bremen | 19 March 1945 torpedoed and sunk by British submarine off Rorvig. 998
Sloman Algier   see Castor (2)  
Stella 1895 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 31 March 1945 sunk after aerial attack at Bremen, 1947 raised, 1951 scrapped at Hamburg. 482
Tellus 1956 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | Built for Partenreederei MS Tellus, Bremen, managed by DG Neptun, 1963 purchased, 1971 sold to T.H. Hansen, Thüro, Denmark renamed Stevnstrader, 1974 sold to O. Krames, Bagenkop renamed Gulstav Trader, 19.12.1979 stranded and lost. 362
Thalia (1) 1896 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1914-1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1927 sold to J. Ick, Hamburg renamed Ottilie, 1933 sold to Arthur Sommer, Hamburg, 1936 sold to A. Zedler, Elbing not renamed, 1936 renamed Elbing II, 1954 scrapped. 465
Thalia (2) 1937 built by Nordseewerke, Emden | 1939 in service for Kriegsmarine, 1945 ceded to Great Britain renamed Empire Consett, 1946 to the USSR renamed Akademik Karpinsky, 31 August 1953 sank on voyage Kaliningrad to Amsterdam. 1,122
Thalia (3) 1955 built by Rolandwerft GmbH, Bremen | 1971 sold to A. Zilattos & F. Zenepis, Pireaus, Greece renamed Thaleia, 1978 sold renamed Thalia, 1981 sold renamed Meteor Star, 1982 renamed Phoenix, 1992/93 deleted from Lloyd’s Register. 287
Thebe 1956 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | Built for Partenreederei MS Thebe, Bremen, managed by DG Neptun, 1967 purchased, 1971 sold to to T.H. Hansen, Thüro, Denmark renamed Stevnscarrier, 1974 sold to O. Gjodrik Andersen renamed Marco Polo, 1980 sold renamed Fuga, 1986 sold same name, 1990 sold to Kingstown, 1992 laid up, 1995 sold renamed Fuga I. 378
Themis (1) 1891 built by George Evers, Lübeck | 1916 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1939 sold to A. Zedler, Elbing. 475
Themis (2) 1955 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1968 sold to A. Wallevik, Haugesund, Norway renamed Alnar, 1971 sold same name, 1987 sold to Sweden. 299
Theseus (1) 1900 built by Dundee Shipbuilding Co., Dundee | 1914 seized by Belgium Government, 1914 reverted to DG Neptun, 1954 scrapped at Hamburg. 1,034
Theseus (2) 1955 built by Rolandwerft GmbH, Bremen | 1966 sold to S.J. Mattsson, Sweden renamed Stavklint, 1974 sold to United Owners, Singapore renamed United Trader, 16 December 1974 wrecked, wreck later demolished. 298
Thetis
1955 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Bremerhaven | 1968 sold to J.O. Sunk, Kopervik, Norway not renamed, 1977 sold renamed Taha, 7 October 1980 lost in Iran-Iraq War. 300
Tiger 1866 built by C. & W. Earle, Hull | ex- Tiger, 1876 purchased from W. Thompson, Hull not renamed, 26 November 1889 stranded off Ameland, wreck later scrapped. 188
Triton (1) 1890 built by Möller & Holberg, Stettin | 1909 sold to G. Hey AG, Riga. 688
Triton (2) 1910 built by R. Thompson & Sons, Sunderland | 1914 interned at St. Ubes/Sebutal, 1916 seized by Portuguese Government renamed Setubal, 8 March 1917 wrecked on Cornish coast. 1,338
Triton (3) 1920 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 4 October 1945 scuttled with gas ammunition in Skagerrak. 1,620
Uranus (1) 1897 built by Sunderland Shipbuilding Co., Sunderland | 1912 sold to Shipping Investment, London. 970
Uranus (2) 1913 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 -1917 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1937 sold to A. Rehder, Hamburg. 726
Uranus (3) 1939 built by Schiffbau Gesellschaft Unterweser, Wesermünde | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine, 30 July 1942 bombed and sunk. 1,127
Venus
1897 built by Helsingor Jernskib & Maskinbyggeri, Helsingor | 1954 scrapped at Hamburg. 603
Vesta (1) 1883 built by Eriksberg MV., Eriksberg | ex- Danmark, 1889 purchased from A. Meyer, Goteborg renamed Vesta, 6 April 1905 stranded off Bolfaxen and wreck later sold. 472
Vesta (2) 1907 built by A. Vuijk & Zn, Capelle aan den IJssel | 1912 rebuilt 1,677gt, 1914 interned at Douro, 1916 seized by Portuguese Government renamed Foz do Douro. 28 January 1917 sunk by U.43 off La Coruna. 1,616
Vesta (3) 1920 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 19 August 1944 sunk after aerial attack at Bremen, 1946 salvaged, 1951 repaired and rebuilt into a motorship, 1961 sold to R. Melhrinos & Elias Tomboulis, Pireaus, Greece. 1,620
Victoria 1911 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1916 -1918 in service for German Imperial Navy, 1936 lengthened 743gt, 1954 scrapped at Hamburg-Moorburg. 660
Vulcan (1) 1872 built by AG Weser, Bremen | Built for J.H. & C. Niemann, 1873 transferred to DG Neptun, 28 May 1873 sunk off Gotland. 420
Vulcan (2) 1904 built by AG Weser, Bremen | 1914 seized by Russian Government at Riga, 1918 reverted to DG Neptun, 16 December 1943 sunk after being bombed at Bremen. 594
Zeus 1940 built by Deschimag Werk Seebeck, Wesermünde | 1940 in service for Kriegsmarine renamed Sperrbrecher 11, later Sperrbrecher 22, 1948 to OMGUS renamed U.S. 16, 1954 reverted to DG Neptun, 1967 sold to Greece. 2,469

TheShipsList | Return to The Fleets

TheShipsList®™ - (Swiggum) All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 1997-2014
These pages may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without written consent of .
Last updated: November 19, 2006 and maintained by and M. Kohli